Ford mondeo MK3 - Regarding ford mondeo mk3 Clutch - Manoj MJ

Hello everyone, can anyone help me with the problem i am having with my ford mondeo mk3 2002 model, Actually my mondeo mk3's clutch is too smooth at some time and also while revving up above 3000rpm the clutch is getting even smoother, but the gear shift is smooth too, Can anyone suggest me what would be the problem with the smooth clutch and also wanna get the solution for that problem. Please let me know what would be the problem with the clutch.
Thanks and best regards
Manoj. MJ

Edited by Manoj MJ on 07/04/2016 at 16:48

Ford mondeo MK3 - Regarding ford mondeo mk3 Clutch - galileo

Hello everyone, can anyone help me with the problem i am having with my ford mondeo mk3 2002 model, Actually my mondeo mk3's clutch is too smooth at some time and also while revving up above 3000rpm the clutch is getting even smoother, but the gear shift is smooth too, Can anyone suggest me what would be the problem with the smooth clutch and also wanna get the solution for that problem. Please let me know what would be the problem with the clutch.
Thanks and best regards
Manoj. MJ

If, by smooth, you mean the clutch engages gradually, without a positive point where it takes up the drive, it is probably nearly worn to the point when it will start to slip and need to be replaced

How many miles has the car done?

Edited by galileo on 07/04/2016 at 17:09

Hi, Thanks for your help, My car done 1,05,000 km and i have replaced a new clutch plate at 1,01,000 km getting this problem right now, but the gears are engaging smooth thats the thing bit confusing for me.

Ford mondeo MK3 - Regarding ford mondeo mk3 Clutch - galileo

Hi, Thanks for your help, My car done 1,05,000 km and i have replaced a new clutch plate at 1,01,000 km getting this problem right now, but the gears are engaging smooth thats the thing bit confusing for me.

Did you just replace the clutch plate or also the clutch cover assembly and release bearing?

yes i did, even the gear transmission is smooth and also the drive is also smooth but the clutch is too loose.