MOT history online - Trilogy

The MOT history online is a very useful site. I thought I'd check the MOT history of this 74,000 miles, FSH, Focus. www.gumtree.com/p/ford/ford-focus-1.8-tdci-ghia-5d...4

April 2009 the miles covered was 4,689 miles, while a year earlier on April 2008 it had done 47,006. Therefore the true mileage must be nearer to 121,000. You'd have thought the dealer would have checked, especially as they are stating the mileage is warranted.

MOT history online - dimdip

Having been ripped-off by a clocker in the past, this is a very welcome facility! Well spotted.

MOT history online - Galaxy

It does make me smile when I do an MOT history check on a car which has been described as something like "Meticulously Maintained!"

On checking the MOT history you then see the same advisory items coming up year after year, clearly the owner has never bothered geetting them fixed!

It does rather give the game away; this aspect, plus being able to check the mileage history as well, all I can say is I'm all for it!

MOT history online - FoxyJukebox

If buying used-this is an amazingly useful service. Should you be browsing on "Autocar" or some such-look for vehicles with the number plates showing, look up the mot history -then compare the sales hype!

MOT history online - chriswales

If buying used-this is an amazingly useful service. Should you be browsing on "Autocar" or some such-look for vehicles with the number plates showing, look up the mot history -then compare the sales hype!

And I thought I was the only one doing that.

I am surprised how quick the system is updated. My car was MOT’d Saturday morning and the new MOT was on the site that evening.

MOT history online - Dwight Van Driver

A very useful site not just forpast history

I had an XR3 i for 19 years and after trading it in I always wondered what happened to it. DVLA are not very good about disclosing owners unless you have a valid ground. I didn't.

So from Test Station number through VOSA found garage that had tested and send them a letter about my interest and within 48 hrs current owner contacted me with photos. Car still on the road in pristine conbdition.

dvd

MOT history online - Galaxy

That's really great, DVD! The MOT site is certainly proving to be very useful in many different ways.

Edited by Galaxy on 16/03/2016 at 15:47