Renault Kangoo - towing - strickjumpers

I wonder if I can legally tow a Morris Minor which is out of comission behind and with the use of an "A" frame on B or even A class roads for a short distance after purchase to my residence, if weight is a restriction I also have a VW Sharan but would need to kit out with tow bar, thanks, Mike.

Renault Kangoo - towing - RobJP

If the car is out of commision, then I assume it has no MOT. In which case it is an absolute criminal offence to allow it to be moving on the highway, unless on it's way to/from a prebooked MOT test, or repairs after failing such a test.

That includes towing. So it would need to be on a trailer, with all wheels off the ground.

Renault Kangoo - towing - RT

If the car is out of commision, then I assume it has no MOT. In which case it is an absolute criminal offence to allow it to be moving on the highway, unless on it's way to/from a prebooked MOT test, or repairs after failing such a test.

That includes towing. So it would need to be on a trailer, with all wheels off the ground.

In addition to the above requirement, any A-frame attachment would have to brake using the towed car brakes and an over-run hitch as it's more than 750kg gross weight - totally cost in-effective.

Renault Kangoo - towing - slkfanboy

If it's a short distance, get a friendly garage with a suitable trailer to move ir for you.

Renault Kangoo - towing - TedCrilly

Get a quote via Shiply.

You will probably be surprised just how little it costs.

https://www.shiply.com/vehicle-delivery/

Edited by Avant on 10/03/2016 at 13:32