BMW 3 Series GT - List Price and Discount Calculation - Sculling1x

Hello,

I'm starting to crunch numbers on a new car I'd like to purchase and I read your summary here about buying New. I just want to confirm that I understand the equation for figuring out list price and the % discount I'm aiming for correct.

EG: ROTR Price = £42,160 - Road Tax (VED) = £110 and subtract another £50 for first registration

This brings us to £42,000.00. I then subtract 15% from this figure (£42,000 - 6,300) bringing us to a list price of £35,700

Assuming a best case scenario negotiation which aims at a 12% discount off the list price, I'd then have £35,700 - £4284 = £31,416 as my goal price.

Additionally, If I'm looking at PCP Finance option. Should I ensure that I negotiate the price of the car first and control the negotiation so as to stay away from any talk of monthly payments until after the price is agreed? I find many Sales Professionals like to anchor on the monthly payment first thing and I'm unconvinced that you end up with the best outcome if you let them take you down this path.

Many Thanks!

BMW 3 Series GT - List Price and Discount Calculation - RobJP

Before you start, have a look at coast 2 coast (google it). They are currently quoting about £9k off a 330d GT Xd Lux (£8,851 actually). List price £42,315, discounted price £33,464)

Whn we were buying a new Z4 last year, my local dealer came within a whisker of matching C2C, so we went with them rather than having a 400 mile round trip to collect the car.

Oh, and ignore the Car tax / first registration bit. It's minor noise.

BMW 3 Series GT - List Price and Discount Calculation - RT

Don't get hung up on numbers.

Check the various online brokers' prices to get a good idea of the net discount amount available on your selected model.

BMW 3 Series GT - List Price and Discount Calculation - NARU

DOn't obsess over the percentage discount. Just on the final cost (or if you have a trade-in, the cost to change).

BMW 3 Series GT - List Price and Discount Calculation - slkfanboy

Discounts don't work like this. They are based on how badly a dealer wants to sell a car or quota of cars based around the going market rate and any incentives the BMW offer (to them, not you). This is often done daily.

PCP and cost price have little in common as they vary the figures to take into account any discount you may gained. So the end of contract value of the car can be varied, the rate etc etc

PCP is quite simple (charges + deposits)/months = real monthly cost. Phone/ few online companies get quotes and the go to a dealer and hit them with it.

BMW 3 Series GT - List Price and Discount Calculation - Falkirk Bairn

A son bought the 2016 model of a 320d M Sport 4wd list is about £36+K and he paid £29K at dealer No4 inc a few extras - car was ordered to a spec and not an ex- showroom car.

Other BMW dealers tried to sell del mileage old model, Sport model, 3 mth old "old model" & fairly high APRs - they all wanted more ££ than Dealer 4 who also beat them with a much lower APR.

Shop around - there is a deal out there - especially at the end of March & dealer targets for New Reg 16 cars!