Volkswagen Polo 1.2 2010 - VW Polo 2010: EPC light on for the third time - Jess2605
Last week my EPC light was on and my accelerator pedal became really weak. I took it to be fixed in South Croydon and they said there was something stuck (in a place I can't remember where) it was like a black tube blocking something causing the EPC light to come. They said it was fixed and I paid about £100 for it and now the EPC light is back on again. Before all of this, the EPC light was on and my accelerator was also really weak, my dad was driving it to take it to be fixed and the car stopped on the way had to be towed. I paid around £450 that time around, last week £100 and now it's on again I just don't know what to do? This is my first car and I know very little on warning lights and cars for the matter and I've only had the car for 3 months I just don't know whether to take it back to be fixed for the light to just come on again? My ABS light also comes on regularly and my oil light was on (I filled the oil up and it's off now anyway). Could anybody give me some advice on what I should do?

Thanks in advance, sorry if this is long!
Volkswagen Polo 1.2 2010 - VW Polo 2010: EPC light on for the third time - Big John

When you say accelerator pedal became really weak. Do you mean it went floppy or did the car simply have very little acceleration?

Second question - Do your brake lights work?

Volkswagen Polo 1.2 2010 - VW Polo 2010: EPC light on for the third time - elekie&a/c doctor

More info as to what fault codes were logged in the engine computer would help.Is this a petrol or diesel model?

Volkswagen Polo 1.2 2010 - VW Polo 2010: EPC light on for the third time - Jess2605
Thanks for answering!

I'm really not sure about the engine computer..how would I find out? And its petrol.
Thanks for answering! It had very little acceleration I had to put my foot right down on the pedal and it would only go about 20mph. When my dad drove it the accelerator completely stopped and that's why it it was towed. Last week when the light came on it was the same problem, little accelaration.

I haven't actually checked my break lights, but I will now you've said. Could that be why the light is on?

Edited by Jess2605 on 01/03/2016 at 21:23

Volkswagen Polo 1.2 2010 - VW Polo 2010: EPC light on for the third time - Big John

If the brake switch fails (and it's a common fail) then it can throw up an EPC light and noble performance as the engine management unit is confused with what it thinks you are doing with your brake pedal

Volkswagen Polo 1.2 2010 - VW Polo 2010: EPC light on for the third time - expertad

Hope you got it fixed.Sounded like the brake light switch that flashes the EPC light and goes to limp mode if the brake lights fail.