T200 L75 - Ford Transit Connect (06 plate, 87k miles) - gazzabarks

This has been in to both my local garage and a Ford Dealer as it's not been starting. The local boy suggested an immobiliser problem and said it needs a Ford Dealer. It went on monday by AA to Ford who say a new EGR assembly is required as the existing unit is closing and causing th immobiliser to activate. Fault codes P1622 and B1681 have been quoted. Ford want £791.00 plus fitting plus VAT for this which they say will sort the problem. I picked up the car yesterday as Ford got it started and went back to my local garage who can supply a new EGR assembly but are still concerened there's an underlying problem whereby even if they replace the EGR there may still be starting issues.

I'm no mechanic but feel a bit like piggy in the middle here. How easy is it to source an EGR from a scrapyard - I wouldn't know one if it bit me on the nose to be honest.

Help!!

T200 L75 - Ford Transit Connect (06 plate, 87k miles) - elekie&a/c doctor

Egr valve fault can cause poor/bad starting and running issues,but has nothing to do with the immobiliser.Unfortunately,the egr valve on these is part of the inlet manifold and comes as a complete assembly.It is a real pig to fit.Part can be bought new out of the main dealer network for a lot less.