Toyota Auris 1.4 TR - Toyota Recall - Benet

Before Christmas I had a letter from Toyota to say that on Aurises there is a risk of short circuiting in the driver's window switches, and the car would be recalled to put this right. They said they would contact me again soon. Since then I've heard nothing more. Does anyone know anything about this, or even had the work done?

My car dates from 2010.

Toyota Auris 1.4 TR - Toyota Recall - colinh

Check it at the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency website:

www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp

Toyota Auris 1.4 TR - Toyota Recall - Auristocrat

This is an extension of an earlier recall involving the electric window master switch. The switch in question could develop wear and some owners tried to alleviate the symptoms by lubricating the switch. The lubricants used could cause the switch to overheat. Under the original recall there was one instance in the UK of the switch overheating.

Toyota will either lubricate the switch using a specially formulated lubricant or probably just replace the switch.

The recall affects the Rav4, Auris, Yaris and Corolla. There are numbers of owners who have had the work carried out, both under the original and extended recall.

As you've had your recall letter, the DVSA (formerly VOSA) page will only really confirm there is a recall in place.

If you're concerned about the recall telephone Toyota GB Customer Relations on 0800 1388 744

So it's a case of watch this space, then. Thanks, guys

Toyota Auris 1.4 TR - Toyota Recall - skidpan

Surprises me that people do not do the obvious and contact their Toyota Dealer or Toyota Customer Services.

Toyota Auris 1.4 TR - Toyota Recall - oldroverboy.

This is from personal experience.

I require a screw clamp for my new steel spare wheel.

Part exists.

Dealer cannot supply part number or order it.

Kia Customer services cannot supply part number, but if i buy the cradle and tool kit for the spare it comes with the screw clamp. I already have the tool kit and jack that came with the car. so do not need another.

Have asked Kia customer services to ask Parts to use their heads a bit, as I am not the only person in this situation.

Toyota Auris 1.4 TR - Toyota Recall - galileo

This is from personal experience.

I require a screw clamp for my new steel spare wheel.

Part exists.

Dealer cannot supply part number or order it.

Kia Customer services cannot supply part number, but if i buy the cradle and tool kit for the spare it comes with the screw clamp. I already have the tool kit and jack that came with the car. so do not need another.

Have asked Kia customer services to ask Parts to use their heads a bit, as I am not the only person in this situation.

Have you tried a Hyundai dealer, the part for a similar model may be the same?

Toyota Auris 1.4 TR - Toyota Recall - veloster

my girlfriend had the same letter in december about her 2009 auris.we have just had another letter this week asking that we book the car in to have the work done

I finally got round to taking it in and was told that on my car the window switch is a sealed unit anyway so there was no point replacing it as no harmful debris could get in anyway! My car is a '10' reg. (But then, surprise, surprise, they spotted some bulbs that didn't work which had to be put right at main dealer prices...)

Toyota Auris 1.4 TR - Toyota Recall - alan1302

I finally got round to taking it in and was told that on my car the window switch is a sealed unit anyway so there was no point replacing it as no harmful debris could get in anyway! My car is a '10' reg. (But then, surprise, surprise, they spotted some bulbs that didn't work which had to be put right at main dealer prices...)

You didn't have ot get the bulbs done there

Toyota Auris 1.4 TR - Toyota Recall - Engineer Andy

Why am I having visions of Arnie reading this thread out loud in his unique way?