Peugeot Partner Tepee - Partner Tepee Stop/Start not working - tjbantam

My 63 reg Peugeot Partner Tepee 1.6 e-Hdi EGS has stop/start technology but this has stopped working.

There is a button to deactivate it which lights up when deactivated and flashes when there is a fault, but it is not lit (as i haven't deactivated it) and isn't flashing, but the stop/start doesn't stop or start.

While i wait for monday when i can get it booked in to my local dealer to be looked at, i just thought i'd ask if anyone would be able to advise what the issue may be?

Also, with no stop/start, i'm using the gear selector wheel to put the car into neutral at junctions, traffic lights, in jams etc as i don't want to leave it in gear with the engine running. Am i being overcautious or would leaving the car in gear with the engine running damage the clutch (or something else)?

Any advice/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Tim.

Peugeot Partner Tepee - Partner Tepee Stop/Start not working - elekie&a/c doctor

Could be a million and one things causing the stop/start not to function.There are so many parameters that the system needs to see as correct before the stop/start will work.

Thanks. As this is my first car with stop/start and the owners manual being useless on this particular issue, I wasn't sure what to think.

Peugeot Partner Tepee - Partner Tepee Stop/Start not working - Cyd

With stop/start (btw, the proper term in automotive engineering is 'running standby') the engine needs to be fully warm and at normal operating temperature before it will operate. Also, you usually have to stop with the handbrake on and the car in nuetral with the handbrake applied. Make sure you are doing this correctly (though this seems unlikely as it was working so you must have been using the correct sequence previously)

There is usually a power management system which monitors the battery state too. If the battery is in a state of poor charge the stop/start mode may be turned off, so check your battery is charged (try charging it for a few hours).

Peugeot Partner Tepee - Partner Tepee Stop/Start not working - quizman

When you get the answer will you let us know. I hate the stop start and will turn mine off for good. You don't know when you are well off!

Peugeot Partner Tepee - Partner Tepee Stop/Start not working - gordonbennet

When you get the answer will you let us know. I hate the stop start and will turn mine off for good. You don't know when you are well off!

+1, only driven a few cars with it fitted, more than enough.

Had the car in to my local Peugeot dealer. They checked it over and there's no fault.

What they believe is going on is that the system doesn't operate when battery power is needed for lights, heating etc to avoid killing the battery. According to the service dept, most cars with stop/start have a separate battery to operate this system, but the Partner does not, everything is run off one battery so the stop/start doesn't operate when the car thinks the battery power is needed for stuff like lights and heating.

Peugeot Partner Tepee - Partner Tepee Stop/Start not working - elekie&a/c doctor

I think the service dept need to go on a training course."cars with stop start have a seperate battery".Total rubbish.

Peugeot Partner Tepee - Partner Tepee Stop/Start not working - Brit_in_Germany

Not totally correct. Some cars, e.g. the Jag XF have an auxilliary battery for the stop/start. If the charge level of this is low, the system does not operate.

What utter rubbish. Thay are simply bull****ting because they don't know. or simply want to sound good in front of an ignorant customer. As lekie says they should go on some training!

The power management system exists to protect the battery to ensure there is enough power for a restart so as not to leave the car stranded.

Did you try charging your battery as I suggested?

Peugeot Partner Tepee - Partner Tepee Stop/Start not working - Wackyracer

I tend to agree with Cyd, the car is nearing 3 years old and it's winter. The battery might not be meeting the requirements for the stop/start to operate especially if the car does short journeys which are not charging the battery enough.

Did the dealership test the battery?

Yeah, they tested it and it was at 78% so not the battery level causing the issue.

This may not apply to Peugeot, but the ECU systems in the OEs cars whom I work for would output a diagnostic signal which would identify if the battery voltage was too low for the 'running standby' system to operate.

Did the dealer look for this (assuming Peugeots have it)?

Charging the battery is the easiest and simplest thing you, as owner, can do to see if that's the problem. You should also have the battery tested (the dealers really should have done this - did they?)

Peugeot Partner Tepee - Partner Tepee Stop/Start not working - daveyjp
The BS is that they say most cars with stop start have a separate battery to operate it, simply not true.

This is not the same as the fact that some cars do indeed have two batteries. Mercedes have had two batteries for many years.

In winter stop start will not activate as readily as there is more draw on the battery for auxilliary items and the ambient temperature is lower.
Peugeot Partner Tepee - Partner Tepee Stop/Start not working - Quicksilver

Why do you use / like the stop start. The ammount of fuel it might save is small compared to the wear and tear on the car with muliple stop start operations.

I now have had many cars with this feature and always turn it off on starting the car. on some cars it is easy to find, (Audi, VW, BMW, Volvo etc.). On others it is more difficult to locate, (mainly French marques).

Like the completely pointless electric handbrake, (which I also never use) it is the work of the devil.

Q.