Ford StreetKa - Engine Misfiring - Dudders88
Hi,

My Girl Friend has a 2004 1.6 Litre engine Streetka, this issue is very strange, basically, when we start the car on a cold engine, it starts fine, if we drive it somewhere and stop the car and start it again straight away after stopping, it starts fine, if we leave the car for a few hour after driving it, it starts fine, HOWEVER if we drive it somewhere, and leave it for 30 minutes - 1 hour (whilst doing the food shop for example) when we start the engine again, not all the cylinders start it seems, when you accelerate it sounds like not all the cyclinders are firing, after a few seconds the engine management light flashes, however after driving for a couple of minute, it seems to sort itself out and the engine light goes out and sounds like all cylinders are firing!

So it would appear that on a slightly warm engine it struggles to start properly!

So my Questions are:

1. Is this someone of Major Concern! That need looking at right away and is it safe to drive still?

2. Any ideas what could be the cause of this? I am at a lose, I could understand if it happened on a cold engine or on a completely warm engine, but why only on a slightly warm engine, it does not seem to make any sense

We have tried about 4 - 5 times when starting on a warm engine to see if it's a one off, but it happens every time!

Thanks for taking the time to read the above, will value any advice!

Thanks

Andy
Ford StreetKa - Engine Misfiring - elekie&a/c doctor
Usual suspects on these are spark plugs,ht leads,or coil pack.make sure the ht leads are secured up away from the exhaust
Ford StreetKa - Engine Misfiring - Railroad.
I would check for fault codes first, and I would suspect you have P0300 - Random Multiple Misfire. The cause of this could be anything that could cause a random misfire, because random is exactly what it is. As said above spark plugs, leads and coil are usual suspects, but also so is a sticky valve which can be diagnosed with a vacuum gauge to measure inlet manifold vacuum.