Renault Clio 3dr – 2010 - Looking to buy Renault Clio 3dr – 2010 - Dave D.

Hello. First post, so hi all :)

I am looking to buy my first car and I’ve settled on Renault Clio 3 door 2010 model. As far as I’m aware it’s best to buy early April, as the reg plates are getting changed. I am looking to buy from a dealer, not private, because it is likely that I will need to use a credit card. I realise this will be tad more expensive, but I don’t feel confident enough buying private.

I am not experienced in the matter, so just wanted to ask what to look for when viewing cars? Any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Renault Clio 3dr – 2010 - Looking to buy Renault Clio 3dr – 2010 - oldroverboy.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/renault/clio-iii-2-2.../

First read this and then depending on your budget see if you can stretch to a dacia sanderos which will be a lot newer and probably still with some warranty.

The clio would not be my personal choice but a dacia is basically the same car/engines and newer for the same money.

Autotrader is your friend. (others are available)

Tell us what your budget is...

Hey there, thanks for a prompt reply. I have checked Dacia Sandero and it looks nice indeed, both in and out. My budget is £4000, but that's the max I am able to pay, can't stretch beyond that.

From what I could see on Autotrader, Sanderos are about 1k more expensive than Clios. I was hoping to max out at £3.5k for the Clio. Would you have any other suggestions? I was also thinking about Peugeot 207...

Like I said I am not very experienced and I'm going by Autotrader reviews mostly.

Renault Clio 3dr – 2010 - Looking to buy Renault Clio 3dr – 2010 - RobJP

Firstly, welcome !

The new registration comes out in March. Dealers usually make a big song and dance about their 'special' deals on the part-ex cars they've got on the front towards the end of March, when in reality they're dropping prices from previously silly levels.

As such, you may be just as well going in now. Business is quiet (before the new plate) so you might be able to get a better deal now than in a month or 2

As to what to look at ... firstly, walk away from ANYTHING without full service history available to look at there and then. No excuses.

Next, you can go online and find all the old MOTs for a car - including any advisory notes. That tells you if the old owners looked after their car, or just waited until they HAD to spend money on it.

Finally, please, please don't buy a car from 200 miles away or something equally stupid. Stay local (unless you live in the Highlands or western Isles) We see it all the time on here :

"I bought a car from Edinburgh 7 weeks ago, I live in Bristol, and it's broken down. What do I do ?"

Answer : it is YOUR responsibility, at YOUR cost, to get it back to the selling garage for repairs.

Thanks for the tips. I was going not to exceed 20-30 miles from where I live (Leeds). Good points about reg-platye change rush. I use totalcarcheck.co.uk to check the car history!