pug 306 1996 xld - door wont lock - kyleh2473

Hi guys.

Drivers side door wont lock with key or on central locking or with the tab pushed down. The key turns in the door. But nothing occurs.

The boot locks with key

The passenger door locks and with it the rear two doors lock together with central locking!

What can i do?

how can i get drivers to lock at all

how can i get central locking working on all door ands boot.

ive got a remote fob but its a mess the button has gone and it shows no signs of life.

pug 306 1996 xld - door wont lock - Cyd

Sounds like the latch is faulty, probably the lock detect switch. I would imagine there are plenty available secondhand. Shouldn't be difficult to replace (I'm not familiar with 306 door internals specifically, but generally a couple or 3 hours with basic tools should sort it).

Check all connections first though and for cable damage where it passes from A pillar to door.

pug 306 1996 xld - door wont lock - elekie&a/c doctor
The 306 model was notorious for broken wiring in the door shut,but a very awkward job to fix.However if the electrics fail you should still be able to lock/unlock manually.If you remove the door card,be careful to not damage the polystyrene water membrane,otherwise you will get water entering the cabin.As above,sounds like a latch fault.