Audi A3 Sportback 2008 (Pre-facelift) - Audi A3 Rear Parking Sensors - wozzatdci

Hi,

I've got a problem with the rear parking sensors. I get a continuous beep from the system when reverse gear is engaged. It then randomly beeps on and off even with the car stationary.

I've had my ear close to each of the 4 sensors and they are all giving off a clicking noise which I understand means they are working.

Any ideas as to how to fix it would be appreciated.

Warwick

Audi A3 Sportback 2008 (Pre-facelift) - Audi A3 Rear Parking Sensors - elekie&a/c doctor

The clicking noise is a quick test to see if the sensors are active,however it is not a test to check if they are working correctly.A diagnostic link up should identify the problem area.

Audi A3 Sportback 2008 (Pre-facelift) - Audi A3 Rear Parking Sensors - Peter D

Try www.vwaudiforum.co.uk and ask in the appropriate section. You may find you have a person in your area with VCDS who can diagnose your issue. Regards Peter

Audi A3 Sportback 2008 (Pre-facelift) - Audi A3 Rear Parking Sensors - slkfanboy

The click tell you the sensor is sending but it's not a test for receiving. Constant tone mean most likely one of the sensors is broken