Golf mk6 2009 - Golf DSG clutch replacement - under warranty - UK - nadkam

Hi

Understanding the 'dry clutch' DSG issue's that I've read over a handful of websites, my 1.4 TSI GT golf (52k) has been advised to have a new clutch pack, timing chain and adjuster replaced.

I've been advised that my 'used VW warranty' is not covered for these repairs and can cost up to £1.2k to fix @ the main dealers.

Has anyone been succesful in having warranty paying out?

Any advise would be helpful.

Many thanks.

Golf mk6 2009 - Golf DSG clutch replacement - under warranty - UK - oldroverboy.

What is the age/mileage/service history of the car? then we can advise.

Golf mk6 2009 - Golf DSG clutch replacement - under warranty - UK - slkfanboy

The 7 Speed DSG in the UK failed for many and rather than a recall. VW decided to give them a warranty for 10 years. I would say take to the dealer you purchased or local one and they may moan a lot but should fix it under the gearbox extended warranty

I think this is also the case with the 6 speed box that did get recalled.

Golf mk6 2009 - Golf DSG clutch replacement - under warranty - UK - nadkam

Hi

Thank you to those you replied. I can confirm that the warrenty serivce have approved the repair at my local VW dealership. Happy as Larry.

Golf mk6 2009 - Golf DSG clutch replacement - under warranty - UK - brum

Ate all dsg boxes now covered by a 10year unlimited mileage vag warranty? I find that a little hard to believe.

Golf mk6 2009 - Golf DSG clutch replacement - under warranty - UK - gordonbennet

Hard to believe?, my flabber is ghasted.

Next you'll be telling me they're extending cover on the EGR of doom too.

NURSE

Thats what slkfanboy is claiming....

Edited by brum on 01/03/2016 at 16:58

Golf mk6 2009 - Golf DSG clutch replacement - under warranty - UK - KB.

Slkfanboy said.........

"The 7 Speed DSG in the UK failed for many and rather than a recall. VW decided to give them a warranty for 10 years. I would say take to the dealer you purchased or local one and they may moan a lot but should fix it under the gearbox extended warranty

I think this is also the case with the 6 speed box that did get recalled."

Being the owner of a 7 speed DSG box I clearly have an interest. My car is over three years old, hence no VAG warranty any more. But it is covered by a "VAG Approved Warranty" that I pay for annually. Additionally I've had a clutch pack replaced under the three year VAG warranty when it WAS covered. So, as I say, I have an interest. I also know that the aftermarket provider I subscribe to has excluded my clutch pack from it's cover because the item is the subject of a known manufacturers defect and subsequent rectification process.

It took me about 15 seconds to find reference to the 10 year warranty that Slkfanboy refers to. And it's as plain as the nose on your face and clearly evident for all to see that it refers to the Chinese market. HJ speaks openly of it here on this site...it's had a bucket load of mentions here and elsewhere. So why Slkfanboy hasn't spotted that it doesn't apply in the UK is for him to explain - if he chooses so to do.

Golf mk6 2009 - Golf DSG clutch replacement - under warranty - UK - Engineer Andy

You have to wonder how, even before 'dieselgate', VAG actually made any money, given the number of failures on their DSG clutches, if they are now warrantied for 10 years.

You have to wonder how, even before 'dieselgate', VAG actually made any money, given the number of failures on their DSG clutches, if they are now warrantied for 10 years.

Extended warranty applies only in China. In the UK its business as usual. Lots of things break just after warranty period expires and consumer gets shafted for ridulous prices of parts plus labour plus vat. Goodwill? 70% of parts only, on parts that are 300% overpriced. Just been there, had that, got the bill.

No wonder kia/Hyundai building market share.

Golf mk6 2009 - Golf DSG clutch replacement - under warranty - UK - oldroverboy.

Extended warranty applies only in China. In the UK its business as usual. Lots of things break just after warranty period expires and consumer gets shafted for ridulous prices of parts plus labour plus vat. Goodwill? 70% of parts only, on parts that are 300% overpriced. Just been there, had that, got the bill.

No wonder kia/Hyundai building market share.

Just serviced my 2nd Kia. Bodywork inspection FOC as have the Kia servicing pack 3 years £299.

Having had personal experience of a Jetta overheating and Vag not finding the problem till I traded it into them against another car, (upon which they found the problem when the new purchaser bought the car and broke down) and having read over the years on various forums about the long list of expensive failures, I would never buy another!

If One manufacturer can give a 5 year/7 year warranty and others are giving more than 3, why buy the shorter warranty, or why buy a Ford or Vauxhall with a 1 year manufacturer warranty and a 2 year "dealer" warranty to make it up tp 3.

I won't go on about my former employers attitude to warranty claims in the 5 years before they went bust, but it was not good,

Edited by oldroverboy. on 01/03/2016 at 20:13

Golf mk6 2009 - Golf DSG clutch replacement - under warranty - UK - Falkirk Bairn

>>my former employers attitude to warranty claims in the 5 years

Was this cars or some other product?

Golf mk6 2009 - Golf DSG clutch replacement - under warranty - UK - madf

>>my former employers attitude to warranty claims in the 5 years

Was this cars or some other product?

I think the clue in in oldroverboy's name :-)

Edited by madf on 02/03/2016 at 14:40

Golf mk6 2009 - Golf DSG clutch replacement - under warranty - UK - slkfanboy

I am rather suprised on closer checking it is only US and China cars that have 10 years cover.

That means for example US R32 which was build in germany as per a UK R32 has 10 years and yet nothing extra the UK!

Then added in the Timing chain of distruction and a UK car could almost be a rightoff.

Golf mk6 2009 - Golf DSG clutch replacement - under warranty - UK - madf

It's a VW . Does anyone expect engineering or marketing integrity fro a company notorious by lying?