chevrolet cruze - Car pulling to the left.... not able to find fault - fendertele

I have asked this before and tried many of the things recommended and not had any joy.

My Car wants to pull left all the time..... and it feels like it leans slightly to the left at the front aswell when driving.

I have had multiple alignments done... on the hunter hawkeye system including one done by a guy highly recommended and was told that there is nothing wrong with the geometry of the car and it shouldn't be pulling.

I have replaced both front springs incase it was a sagging issue.

top strut mounts as someone mentioned it could be sticking causing the issue.

had all brakes checked for sticking causing the pull.

had 4 new tyres on it all same brand and pressures.

rotated tires left to right, back to front... makes no difference.

the pull is especially bad when the road is crowning to the side it pulls.... the bigger the crowning the more of a pull.

And i know cars will pull when the road is crowning to one side but it doesnt pull the way it does to the right when the road is crowning...

my steering wheel is always rolling left....

after driving on the tyres for 20,000+ miles they had very uneven wear...

we have even tried aligning it so the steer ahead is to the right... so when i hold the steering wheel centred the car will drive right to try and counter the pull.... but this only works when on a completly flat surface... and even then i can still feel my steering wheel pulling through my hands to the left....

it is so frustrating.

chevrolet cruze - Car pulling to the left.... not able to find fault - hardway

You seem to have "covered all the bases",

So I'll relate a job from waaaay back,

Seat van,

customer complaint was "It's haunted!".

Seems at random instants it tried to drive him into oncoming trafic.

Or some times when turning right it tried to go straight on.

So considering all he had done to it to fix it the only thing that it could have been was a faulty differential.

Which he thought I was talking horse s***.

Anyway he washed his hands of it,

I bought it for a big note if I recall right and moved it on at no mark up to a guy I knew was good with the VW boxes this was fitted with.

He had it on the road in a day,

faulty diff bearing on one side.

And he's driving about in it.

fine,

Until the original owner comes into me shouting and balling that I'd ripped him off!

He'd seen his van running about.

So I showed him my books with the sale of his van AT NO PROFIT.

And the mechanic had done as I suggested because he agreed with me that the box was in some way faulty.

Which it was.

So a bit of a long story but the owner of that van had paid so much and it had not done any good.

Leastwise for him,

his list of bills had left me with no other conclusion other that a faulty differential.

And his story sounds VERY like yours.

Now just to justify all this the whole point of a differential IS TO DRIVE THE ROAD WHEELS AT A DIFFERENT SPEED.

To turn left the right wheel has to drive just a little bit faster than the left to "turn" the car into the corner.

Now it might sound like a long shot but if you have a faulty diff at least one symptom of this would be uneven tyre wear.

or going straight on when cornering,understeer.

or oversteer,

or pulling left/right when going straight.

Bad news is how you test for this apart from stripping down the box and inspecting ALL bearings and parts...................

chevrolet cruze - Car pulling to the left.... not able to find fault - Peter.N.

What does this uneven tyre wear look like, are both tryes wearing on the inside or outside edges or or opposite edges or only one side, any uneven tyre wear is caused by misalignment but if the wear is different for each wheel it may indicate that the camber or castor angle is wrong, these are not normally adjustable and if out it is usually caused by damage to the suspension.

Tracking error will not generally cause the car to pull to one side unless extreme but it will wear the tyres out rapidly.