East Coast Salvage - Any Good??? - Old Bill
I came across an add for East Coast Salvage (www.eastcoastsalvage.co.uk) and they appear to have cheap deals on cars seized by customs or surrendered under leasing. According to the add, their cars are not accident damaged.

Has anyone had any experience dealing with them? Any advice on buying from this kind of places?

My rationale is to use the money I can save to have the car fully serviced and even buy an extended warranty (I know many of you don?t like them but it may be worth if something goes really wrong) and I should still have some cash left.

Any comments/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Old Bill
East Coast Salvage - Any Good??? - tom
Hi i have bought three cars from this company one for my self
And two for my daughters my car a w reg ford focus1.8 ghia
milage was 45,000 miles checkable history given to me before purchase & correct my eldest daughters car vauxhall corsa r reg
1.2 finance reclaim 52,000 miles one owner milage verified
my second eldest j reg ford fiesta 80,000 not confirmed
but had four old mots made my own mind up good buy at £325
I found no sales pressure left to my own devices they seem bonifide to me i have sent friends and family to them who have had no complaints.they have a brochure with prices etc begrudged paying for it but the amount of cars there you need it
East Coast Salvage - Any Good??? - scallywag
Have just visited this site and hopefully purchased a 05 plate Saab.
Price was very competitive.
Full service history.
Current MOT Sept 09.
No problem with test drive.
Left small deposit and calling back on Thursday with experienced fitter to check vehicle.
AA report good.
Deposit refunded in full if not happy.
On this base, buying a vehicle for less than 50% its trade value and in what seems excellant condition, dos't seem to raise a problem.
Have read all the comments, suggest you go and see for yourself.
Scallywag
East Coast Salvage - Any Good??? - Lynnsam

They are fantastic! My sister and I both purchased cars from them last year. Great place, great people, relaxed atmosphere , no pressure, loads of great cars. Fantastic prices.Showed around then left to wander. Couldnt have wanted better. They made the whole 'buying a car' experience very simple and a great pleasure.Will definately use any time without hesitation.The best!

East Coast Salvage - Any Good??? - R40

Just checked their site and prices of mainstream cars - no real difference from independent dealer prices that I can see, and one , a lexus, is over priced.

Looks a great place but can be really only if its prices reflect where the cars are sourced from, and I'm not seeing that here.

East Coast Salvage - Any Good??? - balleballe

I'd have to agree with R40

East Coast Salvage - Any Good??? - pd

The vast majority of their cars are ex-lease sourced from Manheim 15 miles up the road - they have a constant transport shuttle going up and down the A12/A120 after the sales on Tuesdays and Thursdays. They tend to buy the higher mileage stuff.

They started out doing repo stuff hence the name but these days are a conventional outfit just like many others.