Citroen C4 - Citroen C4 Steering Wheel Issue!!!! - gabbm

Hi All,

Please i need your help and advice, my newly bought 2005 model Citroen C4 steering wheel is locked and couldn't turn the steering wheel as it is very stiff. I was told i need to change the steering wheel as the steering rack is broken, please has anyone experienced this same problem and whats the best way to solve this issue, i dont have money for a new steering rack. Your advice will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Citroen C4 - Citroen C4 Steering Wheel Issue!!!! - RobJP

How long ago (exactly) did you buy the car, and how did you buy it (dealer, private sale, auction) ?

Citroen C4 - Citroen C4 Steering Wheel Issue!!!! - ferkemall

Does it have the dreaded electric steering ? If so that's going to be expensive , you need to check out if its electric or hydraulic if its hydraulic it could something simple like a belt or a pump or short on fluid ,any warning lights on the dashboard ?

If you had it less than 3 months the dealer has to fix it for free !

Edited by ferkemall on 20/03/2016 at 16:11

Citroen C4 - Citroen C4 Steering Wheel Issue!!!! - galileo

Does it have the dreaded electric steering ? If so that's going to be expensive , you need to check out if its electric or hydraulic if its hydraulic it could something simple like a belt or a pump or short on fluid ,any warning lights on the dashboard ?

If you had it less than 3 months the dealer has to fix it for free !

That could have been helpful 3 months ago when this was first posted!