vauxhall Vectra B - Vauxhall Vectra with large puffs of blue smoke - Nick28

Two weeks ago filled up with oil. About 3 days later coming off a roundabout a large flume of blue smoke came from exhaust. Car seemed to lose some power but then drove on and smoke disappeared. Was fine for about 2 days then same thing, coming of a roundabout car blue another large flume of blue smoke. This happened again this morning, again coming off a roundabout. Checked oil and is now at quarter full. I am not really knowledgeable about engine problems but if anyone could tell me what is causing this and if needing repairs is it expensive. Thanks

vauxhall Vectra B - Vauxhall Vectra with large puffs of blue smoke - elekie&a/c doctor

More info could be usefull ;Engine size,petrol/diesel??

vauxhall Vectra B - Vauxhall Vectra with large puffs of blue smoke - 1litregolfeater

Perhaps milord was a trifle over indulgent in the oil department and them damn roundabouts keep reminding him

vauxhall Vectra B - Vauxhall Vectra with large puffs of blue smoke - Nick28

Sorry, was on shift work. Yes it is petrol and 1.6. Drove 8 miles to work lastnight and back again this evening and nothing happened at any of the roundabouts. Car working fine otherwise. Can't work it out. Car is 08 and has about 55k on clock. Had full service a few months back and always gets serviced. I am hoping that it was too much oil when I topped up over a week ago.

vauxhall Vectra B - Vauxhall Vectra with large puffs of blue smoke - pivwani

Worn piston rings is so common with the 1.6 petrol engine. The 8v engines seem to worse than the 16v. I'm guessing you have a Z16SE engine? They are no too expensive, but labor rates may be high as it's "quite a job". May not be in your case, but I would run a compression test. I had some rings for my astra from either LMF or LEC, I cant remember which. I'm sure they could help.