306 XSI Keypad Removal - Matt5
Hi,

I am thinking of getting a 1995 306 XSI, but I am not keen on the keypad immobiliser. Does anyone have any experience of removing this.

If I do get the car I want to fit an aftermarket CAT 1 System.

Cheers

Matt
306 XSI Keypad Removal - DavidHM
The obvious thing to do is to ask the professional fitter to do it when the Cat1 is installed.

Your insurance will only go down if you can provide evidence of a professional fitting as, no matter how good you are, your insurance will assume you just bodged it in with PVA and some rolled up newspaper.
That's a good point, when I said "I" what I meant to say was "I would get a professional to fit one" because with me it would end up done in the style of blue-peter.
306 XSI Keypad Removal - David Davies
I've found on some of these systems that the keypad function can be eliminated in the following manner: enter the code into the keypad and start the engine and leave it running.Then remove the keypad unit from the centre console and simply unplug it.If you then switch off the engine you can start up again without needing to input the code.Not sure whether this method will work on your particular vehicle.Why not give it a try and let us know.
David Davies (Tune-Up Raglan)
Thanks David,

That is indeed a good tip. I will give it a try. I am going to look (and hopefully) buy the car on Thursday.

Cheers

Matt
306 XSI Keypad Removal - Dorian
Hi there,

My wife used to own a Pug106 in 1996, which also had a keypad fitted. I seem to remember that the manual listed a procedure that disables tke keypad operation. Maybe have a read of the manual before unconnecting the unit...

Dorian.