Low large boot used car/van ? - logger

I need a car/van with a large boot and a low boot height ( for a big heavy dog ). I dont want to spend more than £3000.

I would prefer a 4x4 as a car or a small van

Having looked at lots of options and comments ( landrover, subaru, rav4, vitara etc) it seems for my purposes I have a choice between :-

-- Diesel X-Trail - from what understand reliable, good on the road and off-road.

-- Renault Kangoo, Citroen Belingo or similar - functional and fine in the winter with winter tyres and for me insurance/tax cheaper.

I know they seem and odd pair but both will serve the dogs on terms of boot and both type have a low boot. Its not going to be the family car so 5 seats etc not needed

Without hopefully opening the flood gates..any suggestions on this odd choice

Thanks

Low large boot used car/van ? - SteveLee

Citroen Berlingo with all season tyres - it's all the car you'll ever actually need. It does everything well, reliably and very economicallly.

Low large boot used car/van ? - NARU

I recommend ... a dog ramp.

My elderley GSD was finding it hard to get into my landcruiser, but she loves the ramp.

We did our training in the house. First with it level, then raising the end slightly. By the time we did it on the car she was very used to it. Indeed, she 'ran' (as much as she can these days) up and down several times.

Alternatively, a Honda Jazz, with the 'magic seats' worked extremely well - the dog just steps in through the side door.

Edited by Marlot on 16/11/2015 at 05:40