yellow dashed line bus stop markin on dropped kerb - mondeoman2013

Hi,

I've just been looking at a house that is for sale. It has a drive with a dropped kerb.

However, there is a bus stop just past the house and the yellow rectangular area for the stop , marked with a dashed line extends in front of the dropped kerb.

Clearly you cannot park in that rectangle but you can drive over it. Is i ok to drive across to access the house's drive ?

I have no idea which was built first, the dropped kerb or bus shelter, and the property is empty (maybe a probate sale) so nobody to ask about it at the property.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks

Mods,

I could give postcode of property to allow viewing on streetview if that is acceptable.

Please advise.

yellow dashed line bus stop markin on dropped kerb - stan10

Not sure i would want to live so close to a bus stop, but if the house really floats your boat ..

Using my common sense (bearing in mind that common sense doesn't necessarily count in this PC mad world !)

a] the markings are to indicate where the bus will stop - so "no parking" allowed

b] surely you can legally cross the markings to access your (the) house??

c] If there is a bus already parked there when you want to enter/exit, - you would have to wait until it moves off, or perhaps "go round again" (is that practical ?)

You will be employing a solicitor to oversee the house purchase ? surely finding out the answer to your queries is their job ?

If you haven't got as far as employing a solicitor, maybe a phone call to the relevant Council Dep't ?

Or quiz the Estate Agent, and let them do the leg work and earn their commission ?

Good luck

yellow dashed line bus stop markin on dropped kerb - Doc

Clearly you cannot park in that rectangle but you can drive over it.

Is i ok to drive across to access the house's drive ?

Yes you can.

Just like you can cross a double white line in order to access premises.

Thanks for the feedback.

I spoke to someone in the council and he advised that there was no problem accessing the drive over the boxed area.

yellow dashed line bus stop markin on dropped kerb - Galaxy

I know someone who is absolutely delighted to have a bus stop outside his house.

He is a bus and coach enthusiast and had take thousands of photos of different types of buses which have stopped, over the years, outside his house.

He even has one of many albums on Flickr entitled "My Bus Stop"

www.flickr.com/photos/46986413@N07/albums/72157656...1

if you want to have a look!