Saab 93...diesel... - Which Saab 93 to go for?? - Paulbiker
Hi guys I'm contemplating buying a Saab 93 diesel... And looking for advice on which engine to go for etc... My budget will be between £2000 & £3000....any added information on things to be wary about would be much appreciated... Many thanks Paul..
Saab 93...diesel... - Which Saab 93 to go for?? - Trilogy

Have you looked in the reviews section? www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/saab/9-3-2002/

Saab 93...diesel... - Which Saab 93 to go for?? - pd

There are only 2 possibilities in this price range. 1.9 TID in 120 or 150bhp formats.

The rest is down to trim level, Saloon or Estate etc.

There is also the earlier 2.2 TiD model but I would have though they'd be in the £1500 range by now.

Edited by pd on 01/10/2015 at 10:49

Saab 93...diesel... - Which Saab 93 to go for?? - slkfanboy

Larger is better!

Saab 93...diesel... - Which Saab 93 to go for?? - Avant

Petrol is better!

Saab 93...diesel... - Which Saab 93 to go for?? - Cyd

If you're keen for a 9-3 then I'd sugest an Aero 2.0T. Standard is 210hp/300Nm, though mine has a Maptun tune to 260hp/360Nm - it goes like the clappers. It's a lovely car and great to drive. If I drive it it with a careful right foot on the Fosse way (Rugby to Gaydon) every day I can get 38mpg.

If you must have a diesel see if your budget will stretch to an Aero TTiD.

Both variants were available as saloons or wagons.

Saab 93...diesel... - Which Saab 93 to go for?? - logger

Silly question you may think !

I have a 54 mondeo estate 2.0 which I am looking to change. How does the 9-3 or even the 9-5 compare to the mondep particularly in terms of driving feel, maintenance costs and handling in the snow/ice ?

Thanks