Ford Galaxy 2011 (1.6 Eco) - Wet drivers side footwell - Cieurniht

My Galaxy has a very wet drivers side footwell each time it rains.

Thought I had checked the scuttles were OK by pouring water down the windscreen, which drains out (both sides) under the wheel arches. Are there other drains I have missed or another explanation?

Coolant and washer levels are stable, so not coming in through those areas - appears to be only when the weather is wet.

Any help greatly appreciated, otherwise it is likely an expensive trip to the Ford garage.

Thanks.

Ford Galaxy 2011 (1.6 Eco) - Wet drivers side footwell - daveyjp

No idea where it is on these, but check the cabin filter. They are often under the passenger dash, or behind the glovebox.

Ford Galaxy 2011 (1.6 Eco) - Wet drivers side footwell - Railroad.

I don't think anyone can give you an exact answer on an internet forum, but the way you're going to have to go is to remove the seats, centre console, carpets and underfelt. In any case these will not dry in situ. You'll need to hang them over the washing line to thoroughly dry.

Sit inside the car with a good torch and get someone to spray water with a garden hose all over the car. With a bare floor you should be able to see where the water is coming in. It's then a case of looking to locate the exact point of entry and sealing it. When the leak is cured and the carpets are dry you'll have to re-fit them.

Be mindful that under the front passenger seat is the Body Control Module. The well that it sits in often fills up with water on these, and if so you'll notice the windows and central locking doing their own thing. So make sure the BCM is kept dry.

Ford Galaxy 2011 (1.6 Eco) - Wet drivers side footwell - Cieurniht
Problem solved. Local garage found the air con drain was kinked and so was emptying into the car. All now straightened out and no repeat problem. Apparently, this is not an unusual fault.