Ford Mondeo - Is a 1-year old Mondeo Titanium worth the money? - Lounge Lizard

I was looking at buying an approximately 1-2 year old 10K miles top-of-the-range Ford Mondeo Titanium for about £17K.

Then I started seeing adverts for other cars BRAND NEW at about half that cost (or a bit more).

OK, I could knock a couple of grand off for a lower spec Mondeo.

I could understand if I was looking at a Mercedes or Jaguar; but I'd never considered a Ford Mondeo to be a "premium" brand.

My question is: would I get my money's worth paying the extra money for a Ford Mondeo?

Ford Mondeo - Is a 1-year old Mondeo Titanium worth the money? - skidpan

A car 1/2 the price of a £17500 Mondeo would be £8500. A new car for £8500 would be much smaller and have far less equipment.

You and only you can make the decision about what you need and what you buy.

So sit down and decide what you actually need, how much you have to spend then add in a variable, what you actually want. The final one always costs more money.

And Ford is not a Premium Brand.

Ford Mondeo - Is a 1-year old Mondeo Titanium worth the money? - Graham567

With the Euro 6 engines coming in at the new reg change you should be able to get a Euro 5(old shape,MK4.5) Mondeo Titanium X for £17,000 to £18,000.

I bought mine pre reg with £8000 off list and still only delivery miles.5 years on and its still going strong.I have no trouble with the dpf even though i do a very low milage.The Mondeo is a fine car with good handling,refined engine and plenty of space.Its also very reliable unlike some so called premium brands.

The only thing i would say is thats its a big car.If you have a growing family then its perfect.If there's only 2 of you then a smaller car would be better.

Ford Mondeo - Is a 1-year old Mondeo Titanium worth the money? - iFocus

Ford might not be a premium brand but the Titanium is a top of the range car so it'll give you everything you'd get on more of a prestige car.

It really does depend on what you're looking for really, if image is key to you don't go for a Mondeo. But if you want value for money with a car that handles well and doesn't have the snob-value of a BMW/Merc then its a great car to go for.

I'm the sort of person who doesn't agree with the 'image' thing that people seem to think they get with certain brands. I personally think a newer car looks far better than an older prestige car. For example I'd rather go for a 2014 Mondeo which is about £14,000 over a 2010 520d which you'd get for similar money. Plus the BMW will likely have a lot more miles therefore potential for more to go wrong.