Kia Rio Update - Servicing Costs and 7000 miles from purchase. - oldroverboy.

Almost time for the 2nd year service @20,000 miles, actual mileage 19000, but away a fair bit in the next few months, So asked for a price from a local kia dealer (braintree) as I was passing.... £210. and pennies..

Colchester dealer £174 and pennies.

Went with the local one, car washed and vacuumed and returned all done...

To date car doing well, 350mile roundtrip to Derby via A12/A14 bit of cross country to avoid A14/M1 junction then M1 to derby, returning same way driving moderately actual brim to brim 50mpg.

Overall since purchase fuel consumption satisfactory.

Steering fine, although not everyone on the kia forum thinks so.

Kia Rio Update - Servicing Costs and 7000 miles from purchase. - concrete

Well done orb. Sounds like you enjoy the car anyway, despite what other people may comment.

I helped a friend to collect a dishwasher he had bought on e bay. He picked me up in his wifes Kia Rio. I was surprised he did not bring his Landcruiser. Anyway we collected the dishwasher and low and behold it slotted neatly into the back of the Rio. I was very surprised but quite pleased it all went well, I was expecting a return trip with the Toyota. Just goes to show!!

Cheers Concrete

Kia Rio Update - Servicing Costs and 7000 miles from purchase. - skidpan

although not everyone on the kia forum thinks so

A majority of posters on the Kia forum lack any form of common sense. We had a Ceed SW for almost 5 years and I gave up posting after about a year, totally pointless.

They constantly moan about everthing and should you dare to say you are happy you are accused of working for Kia. Examples, MPG - we were perfectly happy - we all know that you never get the official figure, the 7 year warranty claiming it covers very few items - again we were happy - only one repair but done with no arguement), servicing costs even when they have bought the £300 for 3 years package. They buy Sorento's and Sedona's that are over 10 years old and have led a hard life, when they go wrong (which is inevitable) Kia is the worst brand on the planet and no one should ever buy one.

I could go on but as an example one poster asked the other day "Average fuel consumption - what does this mean?" Are people really that daft.

We would have bought another Kia but none met our current needs, maybe next time.

Kia Rio Update - Servicing Costs and 7000 miles from purchase. - brum

My car update: Yesterday, I bought a can of spray cockpit cleaner from Poundland, I googled around but decided to go to local branch as its only 400 metres away and the price was the same - £1. Got carried away though and bought a pack of four micro fibre cloths as well, so twice as expensive as originally planned. Followed instructions and polished the dash, no problems encountered, looks like new.....

I also checked the oil level.

My car update: Yesterday, I bought a can of spray cockpit cleaner from Poundland,

I also checked the oil level.

Poundland (Others are available) have some useful products like the tyre depth gauge that tells me i have 11mm of tread, (took that one back)

Bought car shampoo years back, still using it..

Brum, you are one of the rare one who checks oil.. Not like the lady who filled up the engine with water...

Poundland (Others are available) have some useful products like the tyre depth gauge that tells me i have 11mm of tread, (took that one back)

:)

It gets better...

Servicing not quite what it used to be..

On the check list..

all tyres

osf 7mm actual 3-4mm

nsf 7mm actual 3-4mm

osr 7mm actual 4mm

nsr 7mm actual 4mm

spare. n/a

check tyre inflation kit.. ticked ok... haven,t got one.

tyre pressure spare n/a

I have a full size kia 16" alloy with the correct size tyre that went unseen.

I wonder how much of the rest of the service was properly done..

I was surprised that the service manager called the "techie" to check the measurements IN FRONT OF ME. After my time in the trade it is not something I would have done in front of a customer. Embarrising enough for me...

For the sake of blushes will NOT name the dealer, but they know about theses comments.

Happy motoring all.

This evening had numerous incoming calls that hung up just before i could reply till i got to one in time and was invited to take part in a customer satisfaction survey...

Have called KIA UK directly and requested my number to be removed from their database, and who gave it to them without my permission?

Kia Rio Update - Servicing Costs and 7000 miles from purchase. - Wackyracer

That is the problem with servicing, they might tick boxes and fill in the spaces but, that does not actually mean they did the jobs or measured.

A friend of mine who is a mobile self employed mechanic was offered lots of pollen filters and other bits for a song from a Vauxhall dealer. When he questioned why they were selling it all off cheap they said it was parts which had been allocated to customers cars but, was never fitted. I bet the boxes were ticked on the service sheets though.

Kia Rio Update - Servicing Costs and 7000 miles from purchase. - alan1302

This evening had numerous incoming calls that hung up just before i could reply till i got to one in time and was invited to take part in a customer satisfaction survey...

Have called KIA UK directly and requested my number to be removed from their database, and who gave it to them without my permission?

Your dealer will have done so. Then Kia follow up your service to see if there were any problems. Quite standard prctice now.

E-mail to dealer after another dealer said oil level too high.

Dear Sir,

RE: kia rio

Reference the above vehicle and the checks during the 20,000 mile second year service.

Naturally I was disappointed to see that some of the easily visible checks had been missed on my car, and thank you for taking the time to discuss these items with me.

However i wondered if anything else had been missed, so decided to check the oil, which does appear to have been changed.

There is approximately a half inch of oil above the maximum level, and I am sure that you are aware that on some engines this could be critical. Kia urged me to ask directly and urgently about the oil level and another Kia dealer has advised to have the excess oil removed before driving too many miles.

I have therefore declined to take part in the Kia survey and have registered my disappointment with KIA UK.

The case reference is.....

The original post gave me the impression that orb was more than happy with his car and dealer service.

Its now turning into an all too familiar saga about lousy dealer service.....

But did they top up the windscreen washer? ;)

Edited by brum on 20/08/2015 at 18:00

But did they top up the windscreen washer? ;)

I was able to add about half a litre..

The original post gave me the impression that orb was more than happy with his car

Happy with the car, first experience of KIA servicing!

Its now turning into an all too familiar saga about lousy dealer service.....

How right you are, Brum.