Laguna 2 rear tyre wear? - JohnM{P}
Rear n/s tyre on Laguna 2 estate had to replaced at 35k - outer third of tyre was bald! O/s tyre also wearing on outer edge, though not so badly. Car is run mostly on motorways, unladen; anyone else experienced such wear? (Dealers say the back suspension is not adjustable; Passat/Audi80 rear tyres lasted for ever...)
Laguna 2 rear tyre wear? - AJB
I reported a problem with excessive tyre wear in February this year. We bought a Laguna 2 estate (brand new) in September 2001. The front tyres (Continentals) needed replacing at 18000, due to excessive wear on the outer edge. The rear tyres needed to be replaced at 20000 following the same problem. Our car is run mostly unladen on motorways and good A roads - it was suggested that the excessive wear may be due to the plethora of mini roundabouts that we have to negotiate these days, but I remain unconvinced. I reported this problem to Renault UK Customer Service, as I was surprised at how quickly they had worn - it is not as if I am driving around in a high performance sports car, after all! - and they were, at first, less than helpful. However, I took this matter up with my local dealer, and eventually, Renault paid for two new rear tyres. We know have Continentals on the front and Michelins on the rear - a couple of thousand miles down the line, the Michelins seem to be wearing better than the Continentals. I suppose only time will tell ......
I complained at the 36000 service; when I queried what they had found/done, the reply was 'Were they Continentals? We've had a lot of problems with them...'
Leasing company passed me to a tyre chain Helpline, who had the opinion that the 'Lagunas are heavy at the back' ?!
(The front Continentals were replaced at 27,000 (same as 4 sets of Michelins on Passat) - outer edge worn on n/s/f, but then that always goes first in my experience).
(After 16 months, 37000 miles, I've had to change the Laguna for a Golf TDi - both have their strengths and weaknesses... I was sorry to let it go (never thought I'd say that about a Renault!))
Laguna 2 rear tyre wear? - goinginaguna
Has anyone had any success in pusuing this at all?
Is this a record - a thread reactivating after almost 4 years?
Sorry, as I posted, I exchanged my Laguna within our company car scheme a couple of thousand miles after the rear tyres were replaced with Michelins and it ended up with someone from a different office so I do not know if the Michelins lasted any longer...