Mercedes Benz C200 W202 1990 - Petrol in oil, smell from dipstick strong. - whohellhe

Good Morning,

I have a strong smell of petrol coming from the dipstick. Just had oil change and filter 4 weeks a go.

Any ideas on the cause and if anyone has had a similar problem with the same model?

Car is running fine and no out of the ordinary problems whilst driving.

Can anyone shed some light here please?

Thanks for all help in advance!

Many thanks

J

Mercedes Benz C200 W202 1990 - Petrol in oil, smell from dipstick strong. - elekie&a/c doctor

Never heard of a problem like this on a c200.If there are no problems,don't worry about it.Also have you posted the correct info,the 202 model came out in 1993.

Mercedes Benz C200 W202 1990 - Petrol in oil, smell from dipstick strong. - Peter D

Is the oil level rising. ?? If so I would stop using the car until you find the problem. Regards Peter

Mercedes Benz C200 W202 1990 - Petrol in oil, smell from dipstick strong. - dieselnut

Had a similar thing with a TL1000 Suzuki motorcycle.

The thermostat was opening far too early causing the engine to run an enriched mixture as the ECU thought the engine was still cold.

Excess fuel was condensing on the bores & ran down into the sump.

Bus as Peter points out, that caused the oil level to rise slightly.

The only other thing I can think is if one of the injectors is leaking slightly & dribbling fuel into a cylinder when the engine is switched off.