ChEVRolet KALOS - CHEVROLET KALOS NO POWER!! - STARKAT8794

Yush!

My 56 plate CHEVROLET KALOS 2007 IS A BIT OF A PROJECT! I FINALLY GOT IT OUT THE GARAGE, I CUSSED DEM TWO SELFISH ARROGANT CROOK WHO TOOK 3 WKS TO SOURCE AND FIT MY CAR ENGINE!!!

BASICALLY WHEN I CHANGE UP A GEAR, I HAVE NO POWER IN THE ENGINE! TODAY I STRUGGLED TO OVERTAKE AND DROPPED FROM 3RD GEAR TO SECOND! ITS GETTING TO BE A MAJOR PROBLEM!!

ANY ADVICE TO GET A BIT MORE HORSES UNDER THE BONNET WITHOUT REMAPPING MY CAR? ANY FUEL ADDITIVES THAT ACTUALLY WORK??

HELP!!!

Edited by Avant on 05/06/2015 at 00:35

ChEVRolet KALOS - CHEVROLET KALOS NO POWER!! - Avant

Moved tp Technical.

There's no need to write in capitals. Be careful not to spend more than the car is worth.

ChEVRolet KALOS - CHEVROLET KALOS NO POWER!! - Railroad.
Incorrect valve timing.
Blocked catalyst.
Blocked exhaust silencer.
Sticking valves.
Faulty or stuck hydraulic valve lifters.
Faulty MAP sensor.
EGR valve stuck open.

A few things to look at.
ChEVRolet KALOS - CHEVROLET KALOS NO POWER!! - Bolt

Its not worth messing about with and in my opinion probably the worst engines ever put in that car,

the cars I`ve known have all suffered oil pump failure which to start with caused poor running due to oilways to head getting blocked ie overheating caused oil to go hard then the engine siezed up

apart from that very little to go wrong apart from whats been mentioned above its also a very expensive engine for its size, 3 years ago they were £1600 new, not many good, if any, second hand ones around they are usually knackered

ChEVRolet KALOS - CHEVROLET KALOS NO POWER!! - Bolt

Sorry I`ve just noticed you didnt mention what engine you had, I was refering to 1.2 litre OHV some had the 1.4 OHC which Imo was a pain as well in one way or another