ford mondeo 2.0 tdci 130 (2006) - dmf/turbo - greg50

the dmf on my mondeo is rattling like a bag of epileptic spanners, i took it to the garage to get it confirmed (which it was) but when it was plugged in to diagnostics it was showing a turbo fault code. The turbo was rebuilt in october 2014 and the actuator repaired in april 2015, the question is would a knackered dmf trigger a turbo fault code or is my turbo knackered again.

ford mondeo 2.0 tdci 130 (2006) - dmf/turbo - RobJP

DMF is part of the clutch assembly, and I'd be astonished if it threw up a fault code for a turbo.

When you had the turbo re-built, did you have all the pipework replaced too, or was it done 'on the cheap'? If it was done cheaply, then not really surprised if it's gone again, as the oil feed pipes were probably well carboned-up, and the old (and new) turbos would have failed due to oil starvation.

thanks for the reply, possible stupid question coming up, would a slipping clutch affect the boost pressure in the turbo?

ford mondeo 2.0 tdci 130 (2006) - dmf/turbo - old-school-tech

completely unrelated faults.

Its unlikely a fault code will directly detect a faulty/worn/knackered turbo since this is a mechanical unit, it will detect a problem with the boost pressure from the turbo instead which in turn could be caused by a number of things, (split hose, faulty wastegate, boost pressure sensor, turbo itself, etc)

ford mondeo 2.0 tdci 130 (2006) - dmf/turbo - Gibbo_Wirral

Are you sure they're not reading an old code which hasn't been cleared from the system? Its quite common for people to get a diagnostic, the car is fixed but a second scan isn't run to clear the code.

pretty sure they cleared the codes, the turbo is still under warranty so back to the garage i think, definately not the best car i ever bought!