Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDI 6 speed manual 2013 Reg - Clutch Judder when Moving Off - Davnovox

Does anyone have any experience with clutch judder when moving off in first or reverse gear from a complete stop? My car with 29,000 miles is OK when cold but after 8-10 miles and especially when hot after a motorway journey judders sometimes quite badly. Problem was noticed at 10,000 miles but Audi dealership couldn't reproduce the problem. The technician at Audi confirmed it was a problem about 10 days ago and the car is in the garage under warranty but the feedback so far today is that no problem can be diagnosed. Clutch judder does seem to be an issue with a variety of VAG cars according to other forums but no real answers - does anyone have any experience of this issue and how they solved it?

Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDI 6 speed manual 2013 Reg - Clutch Judder when Moving Off - madf

The problem sounds liek failing dual mass flywheel . If tyou google Audi clutch judder you will find lots of problems.

Audi as usual will lie and say it does not exist..

Put it in writing and send it by recorded delivery to the dealer principal - yoiu ar dissatisfied - new car - in warranty.. Sale Of Goods Act etc..

Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDI 6 speed manual 2013 Reg - Clutch Judder when Moving Off - Davnovox

Interestingly I took the car into the dealership about 10 days ago after a bit of a run the Audi technician came out with me and drove the car. With his driving the judder was worse than when I drove. The technician thought it could possibly be a dual mass flywheel issue and that the torque setting could be faulty but of course this can only be confirmed with an expensive strip down.

Dealership took the car in this morning and this evening I had a call to say that they couldn't reproduce the fault. It's difficult for them to deny it's existence as a problem so it's with them for another day to take out for a 10 to 15 mile run up the dual carriageway and then do some 1st gear drive off's.

I'll keep you posted on developments.

Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDI 6 speed manual 2013 Reg - Clutch Judder when Moving Off - Quicksilver

Could be several things.

Dual Mass Flywheel?

Engine mounts?

Oil contamination on clutch plate?

Q.

I'm on tenterhooks to find out what the result of the stripdown was today. Audi said they managed to replicate the fault but it was not that significant and of an "acceptable standard"for an Audi. If that's the case then Audi have very low standards for a supposedly high end £40k motor car.