Mercendes E270 - Sure Sell is no more, who is best for easy sales? - dpadmore

Hi

My parents have an immaculate 2003 Merc E270 cdi with around 70K on the clock. I know the E class of this period hasn't a great reputation for reliability but theirs has been great and has just sailed through its MOT once more. It is getting too big for my mother so they are looking for an easy sale without the hassle and risks of selling privately. I know a few years back HJ recommended BCA Sure Sell strongly but it is my understanding that as BCA have bought out We Buy Any Car they have discontinued this service. Other than WBAC can anyone recommend what they consider the best way to dispose of a car without feeling short changed. Thanks in advance

Cheers

Dave

Mercendes E270 - Sure Sell is no more, who is best for easy sales? - quizman

webuyanycar.com bought my BMW 520d recently. They gave me £300 more than the BMW dealer offered and even sent my remaining tax back.

I was pleased with their service.

Mercendes E270 - Sure Sell is no more, who is best for easy sales? - dpadmore

Interesting, thanks. Was this recently ie since the BCA takeover?

Anyone else like to comment? Am I clutching at straws thinking that there must be an alternative to WBAC?

Cheers

Edited by dpadmore on 11/05/2015 at 19:52

Mercendes E270 - Sure Sell is no more, who is best for easy sales? - Happy Blue!

Since WBAC has gone mainstream with BCA its reputation had improved as they no longer try to rip you off when you turn up to sell the car. Certainly the service we had when we sold our A class was perfectly acceptable.

Mercendes E270 - Sure Sell is no more, who is best for easy sales? - craig-pd130

We recently sold my mum & dad's 1-year old Skoda Fabia to WeBuyAnyCar as he couldn't drive any more.

The valuation was the top end of the expected price range for a private sale, and several hundred more than a couple of dealers offered.

We turned up, handed over the keys, the chap gave the car a quick look over (similar to returning a hire car) and filled out the forms at the online quoted price with no quibbles or teeth-sucking.

My mum had the money in her account in 3 days. A painless and efficient service.

Mercendes E270 - Sure Sell is no more, who is best for easy sales? - skidpan

webuyanycar.com bought my BMW 520d recently. They gave me £300 more than the BMW dealer offered and even sent my remaining tax back.

WBAC would not send you any remaining tax back. That is done automatically by the DVLA when you sent on the slip off the V5C informing them you had sold the car. That has been the law since last October.

Am I clutching at straws thinking that there must be an alternative to WBAC

Evans Halshaw advertise they will buy your car for more than WBAC gauranteed. Not tried them but worth following the link. http://www.evanshalshaw.com/sell-your-car/cars-for-cash/

Mercendes E270 - Sure Sell is no more, who is best for easy sales? - Galaxy

You could try selling the car to a local used car dealer. No idea what they'd offer you but they are all willing to buy cars if the price is right.

Couldn't you put it into a normal BCA auction with a reserve on it?

Mercendes E270 - Sure Sell is no more, who is best for easy sales? - quizman

OK skidpan, my tax arrived in the post, I thought WBAC sent it. Thanks for the correction.

They offered me £6300 online and after looking at the car which had a lot of chips on the bonnet, offered me £5660. I got up to leave and the man offered me £6000, he wouldn't go any higher and as I'd been offered only £5700 by the dealer I took it.The money was in my account in 3 days.

I would rather sell my car like this than have tyre kickers waisting my time and going on test runs with the insurance worries.

So if anyone takes their car there, argue with them for the price they offered online.

I got a £7500 discount on my new 5 series.