Nissan Almera - Key programming doesn't work - willwool

I have a Nissan almera 55 reg, with i believe the N16 key fob.

It started giving me problems unlocking the car remotely, so i changed the battery and went through the re-programming of the key fob.

This is what happened.

1. turn on and off ignition 6 times in less than 10 seconds... Done

2. hazard lights will flash twice to show in programming mode... Done

3. Press and hold unlock button... Done

4. while keeping unlock button pressed, press lock button 3 times... Done

5. release unlock button... Done

6. hazard lights will flash once to show programming recieved... NOT DONE.

I have read on different threads that i should leave the key in the ignition and on other threads to take the key out, so i have tried both methods. Still the same problem, it will not recieve the programming from the key being pressed.

Any ideas???

Many thanks

Nissan Almera - Key programming doesn't work - stonemouse

Having similar problem to that encountered by willwool. My father-in-law has recently passed away and his 2004 Nissan Almera SE is parked outside his apartment. The intention is to try and sell the car.

The first problem I encountered was that neither of the 2 key fobs he had would open the doors. I suspected the batteries in both fobs were likely dead as he had not used the car for some months. I replaced both batteries.

The car still failed to unlock with either fob. Managed to gain entry via the keyhole in the passenger door handle. I then found the car refused to start due to the car battery being flat! Charged up the battery and car started first time. The 2 key fobs stll failed to work. Research online suggested I'd need to reprogram them. Like willwool I got as far as the hazard lights flashing then pressed the buttons as instructed but the fobs still won't work.

Am I doing something wrong or have I missed something. Would new fobs be the answer and would I have to transfer the circuit boards from the old fobs into the new ones or is it better to get two new fobs complete with all the required circuitry etc and just use the blades from the old fobs?

It's driving me nuts! Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Mke

Nissan Almera - Key programming doesn't work - stonemouse

My problem now solved. I have sold the car to a dealer. It's now their problem! They'll know what to do. (I hope)

Mike

Edited by stonemouse on 20/05/2015 at 14:24