Infiniti fx30s - Reversing camera - the gasman
Wonder if anyone could help. I brought a infiniti fx30s in November. The three yr manufactures warranty ran out on 12/03/15 and infiniti don't do a extended warranty scheme. . Sod's law was looking into taking a warranty out with warranty direct and my reversing camera and parking sensors have stop working. I took it to my nearest infiniti dealer Glyn Hopkins St. Albans who have just quoted me £1500 to replace the camera unit. I asked if there was any chance of a goodwill gesture from infiniti uk. And told very unlikely they would be willing to make any concession. Any suggestions where I might get it repaired cheaper. ?
Infiniti fx30s - Reversing camera - skidpan

Use the Mk 1 human eye. I've been driving for over 40 years and the method still works perfectly. No need for expensive cameras and sensors.

Infiniti fx30s - Reversing camera - daveyjp

An autoelectrician would look at it, but the car is a rare thing and they may not have knowledge on how to repair.

As regards Infiniti's attitude, I thought they were supposed to be Nissan's equivalent of Lexus? If so they need to behave like Lexus dealers and not like Nissan's partner - Renault - in how they deal with customers.

Infiniti fx30s - Reversing camera - thunderbird

As regards Infiniti's attitude, I thought they were supposed to be Nissan's equivalent of Lexus?

What do people expect. You buy a car with a 3 year warranty then complain because the manufacturer tell you its out of warranyt when it 3 years and 1 month old. Of course its out of warranty so why be surprised.

With regards to the legendary attitude of Lexus, Toyota and Honda being willing to repair cars FOC forever I have never personally owned one so cannot comment, dad had a Honda several years ago but since it did not go wrong I cannot use that as an example. But from the Toyotas and Hondas we have had at work I can tell you that once the warranty has ended just like any other manufacturer they don't want to know. One CRV had serious auto box issues whilst it was under warranty and the delaer and Honda still did not want to know, had to be sold at a loss to keep the chap out on the road.

But the OP has not said if the car has been correctly serviced with the Infiniti network, if it hasn't it will be an automatic refusal to consider goodwill.

My personal eperience with goodwill payments has only been with VW and that was some years ago. Car went in for a service just out of warranty and the dealer rang to tell me the water pump needed replacing since it was weeping. They submitted a claim to VW without being asked and I was fully reimbursed.

Infiniti fx30s - Reversing camera - slkfanboy

Toyota and Honda and may be others are very willing to help with majour fault do to quality issueson the basis you been paying them loads to service the car over the warranty years.

Infiniti fx30s - Reversing camera - the gasman
Thx for your response, in answer to ? Has full Infinti service with last major one done late September just before I bought the car, the car has only done 34 k miles. When we test drove one before we bought it my wife was a bit concerned about the all the gizmos on the car but the salesman answer was its Japanese nothing every goes wrong. Just goes to show don't believe anything a car salesman tells you. Had it confirmed from Infiniti that no concession is forth coming for the repair.