golf friendly sports car - Baldypaul56

Hi there.I am looking for a sports car that would take a set of golf clubs.My budget is around £12000.Any help fellows

golf friendly sports car - jgrahampo

MX5 and MX5

Don't bother with the folding hard top the soft top ones are quiet and weather tight. Roof drops in a jiffy.

golf friendly sports car - slkfanboy

Most can fit golf glubs in the boot Cayman,TT and Z4, SLK will manage 1 set. My personal fav. is the SLK but it's horse for courses. Z4 seams to crampt for me and the TT i keep banging my head getting in. Cayman is a good option if you have the budget.

golf friendly sports car - Engineer Andy

Most can fit golf glubs in the boot Cayman,TT and Z4, SLK will manage 1 set. My personal fav. is the SLK but it's horse for courses. Z4 seams to crampt for me and the TT i keep banging my head getting in. Cayman is a good option if you have the budget.

Somehow I doubt if you'll bag (pardon the pun, but I couldn't resist!) a Cayman for £12k, not yet anyway...

My main bit of advice is to actually bring your (full up) golf bag (and trolley if you use one) and see if it fits - the big drivers (1 woods, not the other type!) are very long and some small soft tops might not be wide enough to fit everything in, especially if you want the roof down.

The other thing, as slkfanboy has indicated, is that many sports cars aren't easy to fit into if you're average-above average height - even me at 5ft 10in finds it difficult to get into my friend's MX-5, and its not that comfortable once seated. I would prefer the Merecedes C-Class Coupe (big boot and good looks) - whilst its not quite at the £12k budget price (one on offer via HJ site for just under £15k), there may be a few higher mileage ones at that price. Not cheap to run though.

Maybe an older BMW 3-series coupe (incl. cc version) or even (if you can find a late model that's ok and if the boot is big enough - not sure) a Honda S2000 (unbreakable engines) might be worth a look.

golf friendly sports car - jgrahampo

I am 6ft1 16 stone and happily spent two weeks driving roung europe in my mx5 nc. Two of us plus luggage. No golf clubs though!

Actually found it a very comfy car.And I am quite fussy.

golf friendly sports car - dan86

Jaguar xk is good for golf clubs.

golf friendly sports car - Engineer Andy

I am 6ft1 16 stone and happily spent two weeks driving roung europe in my mx5 nc. Two of us plus luggage. No golf clubs though!

Actually found it a very comfy car.And I am quite fussy.

Must be just a personal preference thing - I found (at least being a passenger) it like being in a single-seat racer - I was almost laying in the seat with my legs almost straight forward.

I forgot - the MX-5's stablemate, the RX-8 would easily accomodate the golf stuff. Just remember not to use it only on short runs, as it destroys the CAT and knackers up the engine generally (VERY expensive to fix!!).

golf friendly sports car - Ethan Edwards

£12K seems a lot to transport Golf bats about. If I was looking like the OP then space for Bats wouldn't be very high on my priority list.

golf friendly sports car - Ed V

Reminds me of a brief conversation I had at a dealer's a few years ago:

How wide is the boot?

Oh, pretty wide.

Do you know how wide in inches?

No.

What do you do all day?

The maximum length of a golf club is 48 inches (about 115cms). All Toyotas and Lexus (Lexi!?) have cubby holes left and right so that golf clubs can fit across the boot (i.e. not lenghtways nor diagonally), and I hear that Jags now do too.