Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon 2005 - Towbar came with car but what bits are missing? - celshady

Hello!

I bought my car with what looks like most of a removeable towbar attached.

Can anybody tell me from looking at this pic what bits I'm missing?

I don't actually want to tow anything, but I do want to get one of those towbar-mounted Bike racks, probably a 2-bike Thule jobby.

[img]s7.postimg.org/n7wxiggsr/14wt6dz.jpg[/img][/url]

postimg.org/image/b61job7k7/

Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon 2005 - Towbar came with car but what bits are missing? - gordonbennet

Look to me like the detachable swan neck with the towing ball is missing, it should slot in when you remove that dust cover, probably a bolt in situ to camp it into place.

Are you sure its not tucked in the spare wheel well, its no use to someone without the towbar to slot it into.

Towbar mounted bike racks usually bolt to the standard type towbar attachment which is permanently attached (two large bolts about 6" apart across the bumper, not inline like yours), you havent got the same fitting, so unless you have the swan neck and can find a suitable rack that bolts directly to that, you could get a handy chap to make an adapter bracket up that can bolt to those two bolts in the pic and fit the bike rack attachment points...but it might be just as cheap to buy another swan neck and get a bike rack to suit detachable type of towbar...if you can see the makers plate on the towbar it should be easy to get another swan neck.

www.witter-towbars.co.uk/towbars/whichTowbar.php