2015 Citroen relay 2.2 - 2015 Citroen Relay dash cam and reverse camera - BAZBRO

Hi,

I have a new Citroen relay with 2.2 engine that has parking sensors and teletrac monitor on the dash.

I have seen this

" New Relay is also available with an optional reversing camera coupled with parking sensors in the rear bumper. The reversing camera is positioned next to the high position third brake light and transmits images to the 5-inch colour LCD screen in the dashboard. The parking camera overlays the image shown with guidelines to make manoeuvring easy in confined spaces."

on the citroen website and wondered if anyone hs any experience of fitting a rear camera and fron tfacing dash cam to these vans?

I need to be able to see the location of the towbar to stop the rear doors being damaged when hutching up a trailer and see rearward to traffic if possible.

is it possible to use the Teletrac screen as putting another screen on the dash is stupid. I did wonder about hanging a folding screen from the headlining next to the non existant rear view mirror.

any help or link would be appreciated?

regards,

Baz

2015 Citroen relay 2.2 - 2015 Citroen Relay dash cam and reverse camera - elekie&a/c doctor

You will need to find out if your unit has an aux/av input facility.If it has ,then it may be possible to add front/rear cameras .Take a look at those made by Kenwood and Alpine.

2015 Citroen relay 2.2 - 2015 Citroen Relay dash cam and reverse camera - daveyjp

Most motorhomes now have a rear view camera and screen as an option and many use Pug/Citroen cabs. There are plenty of suppliers of the technology.

The screen is placed where the rear view mirror would be so it can be used as you would a rear view mirror.

2015 Citroen relay 2.2 - 2015 Citroen Relay dash cam and reverse camera - BAZBRO

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for the replies.

I have been in touch with my local Citroen dealer who said that the cameras can only be fitted to new vehicles.!!!

He said that it would be stupid prices to get one and retrofit them from parts and that the teletrac doesnt have an av in so would require a second screen.

I appreciated his honesty

I have thought about the motorhome guys so will research this too.

I will keep you up to speed as to what happens.

Baz