Ford Focus 09 Tdci - Fuel leak (spraying diesel) - MarkEo
I noticed a slight smell of diesel a couple of days ago, around my car and I dismissed it as some spilt fuel from the petrol station. It's gradually got worse and is now coming through the vents and into the car.

I had a look under the bonnet tonight after work tonight and although there was no obvious signs of a fuel leak on first inspection, after I'd started the engine and put my foot on the accelerator a big cloud of diesel proceeded to spray up and over the engine block. It's coming from the centre of the engine, behind the glow plugs where the flow/return pipes disappear down into the engine bay at the back.

I ran out of light tonight so I'm going to have a closer look tomorrow. Do you have any idea what it might be? I'm hoping it's just a faulty seal that needs replacing :-/
Ford Focus 09 Tdci - Fuel leak (spraying diesel) - elekie&a/c doctor

Possibly a fuel return/leak off pipe fractured .These are pre-formed hard plastic and become brittle with age.Unlikely to be a seal.

Ford Focus 09 Tdci - Fuel leak (spraying diesel) - Peter.N.

If its a high pressure leak keep your hands well away from it as it can penetrate the skin. There shouldn't be enough pressure in the leak off circuit to cause a spray, I would suspect an injector or commonr rail connection is leaking, if you can find it you may well find that tightening it up will cure it.

Ford Focus 09 Tdci - Fuel leak (spraying diesel) - focussed

I hope you find and cure the diesel leak before it causes a fire.

A mist of diesel and a hot manifold/turbo is not a good combination.

Ford Focus 09 Tdci - Fuel leak (spraying diesel) - MarkEo
Just an update, I had a better look today in the light and there's a minute hole in one of the stainless steel flow and return pipes. I've spoke to a ford dealer and they have the pipes for £52,

I've ordered one and taken the faulty one out so I can just switch it when the new one arrives.

Thanks for the comments though