Nissan Qashqai - Scratches on metalic paint - Daggerman

I have a small scratch on my metalic paint (red). Can I still use a rubbing compound on metalic paint? If so which is best?

Nissan Qashqai - Scratches on metalic paint - Auristocrat

I've used T Cut Colour Fast with good effect on a metallic - a dark grey Mazda 2. The also do a Colour Fast Scratch Remover which had a Which? Best Buy back in 2011. The Colour Fast is a mild cutting compound and polish, and you buy the most appropriate colour shade for you car.

Nissan Qashqai - Scratches on metalic paint - Daggerman

Thanks for that. Because it was 'metallic' I was'nt sure if it would leave a dull patch, but I'm sure you would have mentioned it. I'll give it a go.

Nissan Qashqai - Scratches on metalic paint - Ethan Edwards

I had two large gouges (down to the base plastic) on my light metallic Xtrail front bumper repaired by one of those mobile scuffnchips people (Nissan call the colour 'Zinc') . Excellent outcome for 80quids - invisible repair. Personally I wouldn't use any product on metallic paint.

Nissan Qashqai - Scratches on metalic paint - oldtoffee

You'll only damage your paint if you overdo it with the TCut. Try a small amount and use light pressure. Allow it to haze and polish off with a microfibre cloth. If it looks like it is working do it again but lightly again. Accept that you might not remove all of it but if you get a big improvement, stop and polish it and wax it and then you won't have damaged the paint. Reducing the depth of the scratches by TCut and polish/wax means the light doesn't accentuate the scratches so they look much less obvious. If you can run across the scratch with your thumbnail and definitely feel the gouge don't bother with the above!

Edited by oldtoffee on 11/02/2015 at 21:15

Nissan Qashqai - Scratches on metalic paint - Falkirk Bairn

SNAP

Zinc bumper on my Xtrail was crazed by someone hitting the front o/s bumper - Chipsaway man repaired it just painting the corner lower half - £50 and you would never have seen it.

At a service/MoT 6 weeks later the lights needed attention - the headlamp"adjusters" were off and the Indie could not figure how it had been done as there was no sign of the paintwork being damaged.