Windscreen Scratches - Andy P
Anyone know of a way of removing scratches from windscreens or a nationwide company that can do it?

Andy
Windscreen Scratches - Jonathan {p}
Im not aware of anything on the market, but would be interested in finding out more.

Another option is to spend £50 (windscreen excess) and get a whole new screen after a stone 'cracked' it.

Windscreen Scratches - Galaxy
You can buy a kit to polish out windscreen scratches from Frost Auto Restoration Techniques, who can be found at:

www.frost.co.uk

However, I think you will find that, as well as possibly polishing out the scratch, using the kit will also noticeably dull the surface of the screen.

You are probably far better to put the money you could spend on this kit towards your £50 insurance excess and have a brand new screen fitted. A far more satisfactory solution, in my opinion!
Windscreen Scratches - L'escargot
You can buy a kit to polish out windscreen scratches from
Frost Auto Restoration Techniques, who can be found at:
www.frost.co.uk
However, I think you will find that, as well as possibly
polishing out the scratch, using the kit will also noticeably dull
the surface of the screen.
You are probably far better to put the money you could
spend on this kit towards your £50 insurance excess and have
a brand new screen fitted. A far more satisfactory solution,
in my opinion!

I'd sooner have a scratched screen, rather than risk the potential problems associated with having the screen replaced. I'd only have a screen replaced as a last resort. The last one I had replaced resulted in a dirty big scratch (down to the metal) on the roof. To get it rectified was even more aggro than having the screen replaced.

L'escargot by name, but not by nature.
Windscreen Scratches - L'escargot
Anyone know of a way of removing scratches from windscreens or
a nationwide company that can do it?
Andy

I understand that "jeweller's rouge" (whatever that is!) will do the job, but I haven't tried it myself.

L'escargot by name, but not by nature.
Windscreen Scratches - eMBe {P}
>>> I understand that "jeweller's rouge" (whatever that is!) will do the job, but I haven't tried it myself. L'escargot <<<

this is a very fine polishing compound used by jewwellers to bring a shine to gold, etc.
Windscreen Scratches - oldtoffee
Anyone know of a way of removing scratches from windscreens or
a nationwide company that can do it?

YES and this one worked for me! If it's a VW take it to a main agent (I can recommend one to do the job) to get the wiper motor looked at. They'll loosen off the bonnet bolts to get at the unit and let it drop down on to the windscreen which will then break in the corner of the screen.

Here's where you have to be careful - you need to spot this because they might forget to tell you when you pick the car up. You point out the break and after much jovial banter and a few "yes you did" and "no we didn't" good natured exchanges, they agree to cough for a new screen which does away with all the swirls and scratches accumulated over 3 years ;-)
Windscreen Scratches - Dynamic Dave
This question has been previously asked several times before. Typing the word "scratches" (without the quotes) in the search box came up with these threads:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=i&t=769

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=i&t=72...5

Several others around as well.
Windscreen Scratches - Cyd
Much discussion has been had on this subject. The long and the short of it is: no. A new screen is your only option.