Vauxhall Insignia - Car auction sale prices - BCA Bedford 19th Jan2015 - Insigniamad

Hi Guys,

I really wanted to go to my first auction on 19th Jan at BCA in Bedford - there were a load of Insignia's on sale that day. Unfortunately I wasn't able to go (Job interview that morning).

Could someone let me know the sale prices please? Pretty please? I'm looking to buy one, and would like to see the sort of price you can get at auction. Many thanks in advance. If its a pain to get the prices for all, then the ones with "***" next to them would be the prices I would be most keed to see.

Reg's below:

Alphabet:

NA64RLZ ***

BK64VWY ***

FL61CWU ***

FN61OVJ

FG60YTU ***

FG11OJZ

FN61OXW

Lex Autolease:

FG61LOH ***

KU14VFG ***

FN59XSW ***

FN60WKM

KN61KTD

Vauxhall Insignia - Car auction sale prices - BCA Bedford 19th Jan2015 - pd

BCA do not publish sale prices by reg number. All they publish (to trade users) is composite information by year and model.

For example, I can tell you that a 2011 11 2.0 CDTi SRI Hatch with 66k sold for £6100 compared to a CAP price of £5675 at some point in the last 30 days but not pin it to an individual registration.

Vauxhall Insignia - Car auction sale prices - BCA Bedford 19th Jan2015 - RobJP

To the OP : I'll say now that places like BCA really aren't interested in private buyers anymore (whereas a decade or so ago, they were).

The fees for buying at BCA are, these days, quite high, the following data is 3 years old, so may not be accurate :

Hammer price : buyers fee

4000 : 373

5000 : 394

6000 : 416

7000 : 437

8000 : 458

9000 : 479

10000 : 500

Do note that the buyers fees are all PLUS VAT. In addition, BCA charge you a mandatory fee for them to send off the change of keeper to DVLA (used to be £26).

So for a £10k car, the buyers fee would be £500+VAT+£26 = £626

For a £5k car, the total fees would be £394+VAT+£26 = £508.80

You'd probably be able to buy a car as a retail buyer, and get a warranty, for minimal extra outlay.

EDIT : when I say 'retail buyer', I mean as a customer in a car dealership of some sort

Edited by RobJP on 21/01/2015 at 09:35

Vauxhall Insignia - Car auction sale prices - BCA Bedford 19th Jan2015 - Insigniamad

Thanks RobJP

I didn't know the buyers fees were quite so high. That info is really useful.

I have been looking at cars at places like cargiant and they seem fairly high, and car dealers are even higher. I was hoping for a bargain at auction.

Thanks pd,

I didn't know thats how you get the info, otherwise I'd had provided more than just the reg! I didn't note down the whole specs at the time, but perhaps enough to get a few figures for some of them?

Alphabet:

BK64VWY - Black elite - 6902 miles

FL61CWU - Black elite stop start - 31k

FG60YTU - 37757 - elite silver

FG11OJZ - 51899

FN61OXW - 57784 - silver Eco Flex SE

Lex Autolease

FG61LOH - 130 SRI - 11270

KU14VFG - 140 SRI - 14459

FN59XSW - 46137

FN60WKM - 60376 exclusiv

KN61KTD - 66440 - grey 130 SRI - assuming this would be the one sold at £6100

Vauxhall Insignia - Car auction sale prices - BCA Bedford 19th Jan2015 - daveyK_UK

BCA and manheim are a rip off to nth the public and most of the trade.

Plenty of alternatives and a good few independent auction houses you can trust.

Any suggestions that are near Aylebury, Buckinghamshire? :)

Vauxhall Insignia - Car auction sale prices - BCA Bedford 19th Jan2015 - Ben 10
Log onto Cap.com, input the reg and mileage and they will give you different prices for the cars you list.
The auction price would roughly be the bottom end trade in price with a dealer.
Log onto Cap.com, input the reg and mileage and they will give you different prices for the cars you list. The auction price would roughly be the bottom end trade in price with a dealer.

Don't agree with that. CAP's trade-in values are below their auction guide. The CAP auction price (and cars are fetching at least that in most cases) is usually a few hundred quid above the CAP "trade-in clean" price.

Vauxhall Insignia - Car auction sale prices - BCA Bedford 19th Jan2015 - daveyK_UK

www.cityauctiongroup.com/rockingham-centre

Vauxhall Insignia - Car auction sale prices - BCA Bedford 19th Jan2015 - Ben 10
If you have a BCA account and access to their guide pricing, they actually use CAP pricing for their reserve prices and estimated pricing.The suggestion was for the poster to get a ROUGH guide. Not a set in stone one. Crikey, you just can't help some folk without a pedant somewhere along the line.
If you have a BCA account and access to their guide pricing, they actually use CAP pricing for their reserve prices and estimated pricing.The suggestion was for the poster to get a ROUGH guide. Not a set in stone one. Crikey, you just can't help some folk without a pedant somewhere along the line.

Fair enough but the difference between dealer trade-in bottom book from CAP public access which you suggested using compared to the auction CAP price used at BCA can be £1000 so it can be a poor guide.

If you use the TOP trade-in CAP guide price available to consumers and add £300 or so you will be far closer to the CAP Clean price BCA will be using.

Edited by pd on 22/01/2015 at 10:23