SEAT Altea - high miles service history - jesterfx

Hi all,

Found a nice Ltd edition altea, wasn't what we went looking for but caught the eye and has everything we need. But it has done 102k miles on a 09/58 plate, that wouldn't be a problem if it had FSH, but it only has 2 stamps. I'm concerned that this might be a problem for the turbo, even though it's VW running gear which suggests its pretty robust.

Any advice is appreciated, anything else I should look for on it?

Thanks

SEAT Altea - high miles service history - daveyK_UK

If its cheap enough, its worth a chance - the idea being you have some spare cash from the deal that you can put to a fault if it arises.

You havent said if its a petrol or diesel?

Is it a turbo charged petrol your looking at?

thanks for reply

2ltr TDi 4x4. its on for 5400, i cant find price for it but looking at similar spec models this evening i believe it to be slightly overpriced, assuming its because its ltd edition?

5400 wouldnt be so bad with fsh, but i think ill give this one a miss. A real shame

SEAT Altea - high miles service history - Avant

Definitely give a wide berth to any diesel without a full history of servicing and oil changes. That's the 2.0 PD engine which has given a lot of trouble. The 1.9 TDI has a btter reputation, but unless you do a very high mileage, you 'd do better to go for petrol power.

SEAT Altea - high miles service history - elekie&a/c doctor

I think you will find that an 2009 2.0 tdi will be the common rail diesel rather than the problematic 2.0 Pd engine.Worth a punt if the price is right.Turbos do not seem to be such a problem on these but the turbo actuators are a common fail along with egr valves.

Thank you all

SEAT Altea - high miles service history - Avant

Probably right, Elekie, but it's worth checking. I had a 2009 Skoda with the CR engine but it was one of the first. I think VWs and Audis had it first, in 2008, and SEAT and Skoda the next year.

I seem to rememember that a way of checking was to look at the code on a label stuck to the boot floor. If it began with B it was PD, if with C it was CR.