Pug 307 sw - 307 136bhp HDI Clutch, to buy or walk away - medicpaul
As some of you may know I'm trying to find a replacement vehicle for my growing family. I have just been given second chance offer on a 58 plate 307sw. The seller seems honest and states the clutch has started to slip on the upper revs when giving it some. The price is £2450. Should I walk away?
Pug 307 sw - 307 136bhp HDI Clutch, to buy or walk away - bathtub tom

Put the details in here: www.wisebuyers.co.uk/motoring/used-car-prices/

Then add in the cost of a replacement clutch and flywheel. You say you've been given a second chance. I presume the seller's had at least one potential buyer walk away, presumably because of the slipping clutch.

I wonder if the reason for selling it's because the owner found out how much it would cost to put right?

Pug 307 sw - 307 136bhp HDI Clutch, to buy or walk away - Bromptonaut

Ask a Pug dealer to quote for clutch replacement (including DMF). Doubt you'll have much change from £1k.

Pug 307 sw - 307 136bhp HDI Clutch, to buy or walk away - madf

An owner who can't afford a new clutch is unlikly to have been able to keep up a full service history. (or rather will have avoided spending money on it)

Check the wheels and note the condition of them and the tyres and look at the brake disks and the state of the brake pads..

A neglected car can be a money pit.

Pug 307 sw - 307 136bhp HDI Clutch, to buy or walk away - craig-pd130

An owner who can't afford a new clutch is unlikly to have been able to keep up a full service history. (or rather will have avoided spending money on it)

Check the wheels and note the condition of them and the tyres and look at the brake disks and the state of the brake pads..

A neglected car can be a money pit.

Exactly. Check the car's service history VERY carefully before making a decision. No history means it's a potentially VERY deep money pit.

Pug 307 sw - 307 136bhp HDI Clutch, to buy or walk away - Gibbo_Wirral

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party, but avoid. If you want a reliable 307, get a 2005 2L 90bhp model.