MG GTS SUV revealed - Trilogy

www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-mg-gts-suv...d

MG GTS SUV revealed - Engineer Andy

Looks a bit like the current crop of Renaults from the front. A better looking offering than the rest of their range IMO. Still, due to the distinct lack of power from the engines given their size (incl. turbo-charging), it still looks like they are behind the game in many other respects.

Let's hope reliability is being prioritised in that case - I suppose we can't expect too much at this stage, given how long it took Korean car firms to develop and improve their offerings to the highly-regarded ones today.

MG GTS SUV revealed - xtrailman

I'm a SUV fan, shame the car looks like all the others.

Wheel base on my CX-5 is 2700mm, so i'm not sure why the comparison is with a dated VAG model.

The petrol engine sounds good, but over what rev range is the 258 given?

As for the rest just ordinary outputs, already beaten by the competition.

All we can hope for is a really cheap purchase price with a good quality product, personally i've never seen the attraction to the MG name, even back in the day when they built sports cars.

Oh the six speed auto, not enough now with others fitting 9 speed ZF boxes.

Edited by xtrailman on 29/12/2014 at 11:49

Chinese prices.

http://www.carnewschina.com/2014/12/29/officially-official-this-is-the-mg-gts-suv-for-china/

MG GTS SUV revealed - mss1tw

How many BHP and gears does one really need? Razor thin powerbands excluded, and they say more about engine designers.

I started life with a 3 speed push bike, then 5 speed, onto 15 speed.

And now 24 speed, i really dont see how you can have too many in a auto box.

lorries don't have lots of gears for fun.

Edited by xtrailman on 29/12/2014 at 15:55

I started life with a 3 speed push bike, then 5 speed, onto 15 speed.

And now 24 speed, i really dont see how you can have too many in a auto box.

lorries don't have lots of gears for fun.

I had a 24 speed speed bike and most of those were duplicates of other combinations of sprockets.

With ours we can get up hills that we previously struggled with, and with less effort.

With ours we can get up hills that we previously struggled with, and with less effort.

Right - you will have a lower low gear and maybe a higher high (if that makes sense) but the intermediate combinations will be as close as dammit to duplicates of each other!