Photographer with a sense of humour - Trilogy

Probably one of the worst cars for the conditions. www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/warning-for-more-sno...p

Photographer with a sense of humour - bathtub tom

Perhaps not.

Weigh less than 8 cwt, mid-engined, skinny tyres. Put a couple of passengers in the back (AKA ballast, or pushers).

Photographer with a sense of humour - NARU

mid-engined,

Mid engined? I thought it was in the front?

Photographer with a sense of humour - RT

mid-engined,

Mid engined? I thought it was in the front?

The engine's between the driver's and passenger's footwells - to allow room for the central front wheel - so in the middle of the car, but I wouldn't describe it as mid-engined in the conventional sense.

Photographer with a sense of humour - Avant

Would it be fair to say that 'mid-engined' means that the engine is forward of the rear wheels but behind the driver?

Photographer with a sense of humour - RT

Pedants, which I can be at times, might say the "logical" definition is that the engine is in front of the rear wheels and behind the front wheels - but to me, between the driver and the rear wheels sounds right.

I've no idea how to describe a Humvee - where the engine is between the front seats and rear seats !!

Photographer with a sense of humour - bathtub tom

Would it be fair to say that 'mid-engined' means that the engine is forward of the rear wheels but behind the driver?

NO! Between the axles.

But where that's in a three-wheeler, with no front axle? ....................:>)

Might have been better off with a Bond 875, at least that's got the engine/transaxle between the back wheels. Does one of them still hold some sort of record for the fastest lap of the IOM TT course?