Hyundai Santa Fe 2004 2.7 CDX Petrol Auto - Running a used Santa Fe 2.7 petrol auto - macabethiel

I replaced our old Nissan Terrano r3mR Auto 2.7 Diesel with a used 2004 Santa FE and have had the vehicle for about 18 months now.

It was reasonably cheap at £1800 with 6 months tax and had 79,000 miles on the clock. It has leather seats but otherwise is a basic CDX petrol auto with full service history from the first owner but virtually none from the second owner who had run it for the last 3/4 years.

I had the cam belt changed as it had never been done,had to sort out an oil leak from the sump, plus a noisy rear wheel bearing was replaced. Its now done 93,000 and had a pair of rear springs for its last MoT.

We did not expect it to be very economical so its average on local short journey work of 21-22 mpg came as no surprise it was about the same as the old Nissan. We can easily manage 28.00 mpg on a decent run and for its age we have found it to be quiet smooth and reliable.

The bodywork is still good round the wheel arches and a couple of cans of waxoyl was sprayed on the underneath of the rear floor area to slow down rusting. We have got used to its shape and expect to get another 3 years motoring out of her baring any major issues with the Engine or Gearbox.

So far its been a cheap 4x4 that we run as a third car and has become the vehicle of choice as its so pleasant to drive.

Hyundai Santa Fe 2004 2.7 CDX Petrol Auto - Running a used Santa Fe 2.7 petrol auto - Avant

That's a good example to everyone. On a limited budget you chose a good strong car with average mileage - and you went for petrol power.

Hyundai Santa Fe 2004 2.7 CDX Petrol Auto - Running a used Santa Fe 2.7 petrol auto - gordonbennet

Thats my sort of motoring, but depending on vehicle condition and reasonable guess as to likely life span would probably have had it LPG converted.