Taxing an ex-Motability car (tax class 'Disabled') - rorylando45

Hi all,

At the weekend I bought a used car from a dealer, it is an ex-Motability car so the taxation class on the V5C is still 'Disabled'.

The dealer has the V5C and will be sending that off to DVLA, and I will then receive the new V5C with my details on it.

In the meantime I have the V5C/2 new keeper supplement, but when I put the reference number on that into, it tells me that the taxation class is 'Disabled', and I should only proceed if I want to confirm that this is correct.

Obviously this is not correct, but I don't have the option to change it. I rung the DVLA just now to ask them what I should do, and the lady told me to fill out a V62 and take it to the Post Office. However, having looked at the V62, it says I should only use that if I haven't received my V5C in the post within 4 weeks after purchasing the car.

Any help/advice?! Thank you!

Taxing an ex-Motability car (tax class 'Disabled') - Chris M

Do as the lady says. I assume you are not married ;-)

2 minutes Googling found this:

Look under 'Change of Tax Class


Value my car