Ten worst cars on sale today. - Trilogy

www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/10-worst-cars-...y

Ten worst cars on sale today. - daveyK_UK

Agree with them about the Nissan Micra, its so badly built it should be No.1 on the list,

Ten worst cars on sale today. - Wackyracer

I often wonder how some of these cars ever got to production.

Ten worst cars on sale today. - Happy Blue!

How many would you say are really bad? Not like the 70s when some cars were dreadful and unsafe. Yes some are a bit dated or odd marketing models but not bad.

The Micra is bad in comparison to the famous reliability and build quality of the Mark 1 and Mark 2 (upto 2003) Micras and what they offered to buyers at that time.

Since then the Micra has been dreadful but has somehow kept its reputation.

It now falls well behind many rivals in terms of what it offers.

The most dissapointing element is Nissan, who as a company have drastically changed for the worse since they got into bed with Renault.

Interestingly. Nissan Japan and to a lesser extent Nissan USA have not allowed their standards to fall as low as Nissan Europe.

Other than the latest Note (which is predominatly based on the success and Japanese engineering found throughout the old Note) and the Qashqai, I struggle to see what Nissan offer that is worth consideration.

Edited by daveyK_UK on 22/12/2014 at 08:41

Ten worst cars on sale today. - Sofa Spud
For as long as I can remember, people have said 'nobody makes a really bad car any more' - and that's probably largely true since the demise of the Moskvitch 412 and the AMC Pacer and the Trabant!. But there are certainly cars which are bad by comparison with other contemporary cars and I agree with the Autocar top 10.
Ten worst cars on sale today. - Avant

Whatever people say about Nissan, the Qashqai and Juke are consistently in the top 10 for UK sales - something that never happened with the Almera and Primera - and, agreed, never will with the Micra.

I don't think the Pulsar will hit the top 10 either: there's no obvious USP and it's also too close in size to the Note.

Ten worst cars on sale today. - skidpan

The Micra is bad in comparison to the famous reliability and build quality of the Mark 1 and Mark 2 (upto 2003) Micras and what they offered to buyers at that time. Since then the Micra has been dreadful but has somehow kept its reputation.

We have a Micra. 57 plate, 1.2 Acenta. Just over 7 years old. Was originally dads car, now the wifes.

It always been serviced by Nissan and in those 7 years the replacement parts bought (other than service parts such as oil and filters) are one front spring, 4 tyres and a wiper blade.

It runs perfectly with no rattles and nothing falling off. Does 45 mpg knocking about locally with a few trips to garden centres etc.

There are another 2 just like it on the street and from what the wife tells me (having spoken to them like women do) those have been and continue to be just like ours.

If that is dreadful I have no concept of what peoples idea of good reliability is.

Of course it's not an exact science but there are a catalogue of problems with the mark 3 micra, please read the Nissan owners forums to see for yourself. The biggest one from memory is the timing chain that can stretch and ruin the engine.

The mark 4 (current micra) is really a developing world car and is considered by my good friend who is a Nissan tech to be badly built. He considers the latest Micra to be the worst one to date and hardly any better than the Pixo in terms of build quality and engineering design.

Ten worst cars on sale today. - alan1302

The Micra is bad in comparison to the famous reliability and build quality of the Mark 1 and Mark 2 (upto 2003) Micras and what they offered to buyers at that time. Since then the Micra has been dreadful but has somehow kept its reputation.

We have a Micra. 57 plate, 1.2 Acenta. Just over 7 years old. Was originally dads car, now the wifes.

It always been serviced by Nissan and in those 7 years the replacement parts bought (other than service parts such as oil and filters) are one front spring, 4 tyres and a wiper blade.

It runs perfectly with no rattles and nothing falling off. Does 45 mpg knocking about locally with a few trips to garden centres etc.

There are another 2 just like it on the street and from what the wife tells me (having spoken to them like women do) those have been and continue to be just like ours.

If that is dreadful I have no concept of what peoples idea of good reliability is.

They are talking about the new Micra - the 57 plate is a different model completely

Yes, I am fully aware a 57 plate will be the Mark 3 Micra.

Ten worst cars on sale today. - bazza

Saw a Pulsar yesterday fo the first time--a nice looking car although in a terrible faecal brown. I agree it may struggle, it won't compete head-on with Golf/Focus as a drivers car and it has Auris/Corolla to contend with for the premium reliability/robustness prize. And of course the Civic as the other well-established Japanese contender. But i do hope it succeeds, we had a Note which was first class and if the price was right Iwould consider another Nissan. How much of the Pulsar is Nissan and how much Renault-sourced though, that concerns me, so look forward to seeing how it fares reliability-wise down the road.

Ten worst cars on sale today. - skidpan

Yes, I am fully aware a 57 plate will be the Mark 3 Micra.

In your original post you referred to Micras up to 2003 being OK. I respeonded because our 2007 car is and has always been OK.

I am fully aware that the latest model has received poor press but that does not mean its going to be unreliable in the long term.