2008 Ford Focus 2.0l DUratec Auto - Gearbox and Aux Belt servicing advice + Start Prob - thebuzzard

We have a 2008 Focus 2.0l Duratec Auto.

I am trying to find out when is best to service the auto gearbox. It looks like it has never been done and looking through the service literature it doesn't list any shcedule for doing it?

We have a BMW 540 and the gearbox has been serviced every 5 years.

ALso it lists the auxilliary belt as being changed every 10 years or 125k miles. I can't help but think this is too long. It has developed a squeak when cold. It's either the belt or the idler pulley or tensioner. I need to get an idea on this before I "attack" the dealer for some work. ALso does this belt power the water pump as I know the engine is chain cam. I always change the waterpump on cam belt engines at the same time and can not find any listing for changing the water pump on this car?

Finally... The car has an occasional starting issue. SOmetimes when you go to start it ( it can be warm or cold ) it will turn over but the engine won't start. You have to switch off and it will normally start ok the 2nd time or be a bit lumpy for about 10 seconds. We took this to the dealer and surprise surprise ( apparently there's no such thing as a real mechanic anymore ) they plugged the computer in and becausde it didn't come up with a fault code they said there was no issue.

I think it may be the fuel pump or the fuel pump relay. A friend has suggested that I get them to check the fuel pressure at the rail as i can hear the fuel pump prime when putting the ignition in position 2. Could do with finding out before the warranty runs out.

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Buzz