Ford Focus 1.8TDCi - Diesel lack of power and juddering - rob_talks

Good afternoon, I have a 2009 1.8tdci Ford Focus which has just done 61k (out of warranty by 123 miles incidentally).

The car has started loosing power when putting your foot down. Normal driving is not really noticeable, but if you are pulling off fast such as on a mway slip road, the car judders. This appears to be around the 2500-3000 rpm range. This evening, I attempted an overtake in the fast lane, I was overtaking a van doing 60 in the middle lane, my car immediately started juddering like mad and lost some power. As soon as I released the accelerator and re-pressed, it continued like normal and built up enough speed to overtake.

I have been in-touch with the Ford dealer I purchased the car from as I suspected it would be a turbo related issue, but they are suggesting it is the fuel filter at a cost of £135.00 to change.

I am not able to undertake this work myself and I am keen to establish if my problems would suggest the filter is the cause.
Also, forgot to say, I have had no warning lights on the dash ever.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Ford Focus 1.8TDCi - Diesel lack of power and juddering - RobJP

Their diagnosis is most likely to be correct, especially with no warning lights on the dash.