peugeot 307 tdi 2003 - ABS FAULT - AND -ANTI POLLUTION FAULT - carwontwork

I've been getting my ABS light on and off for a while now.
I have had all breaks done track rod ends done and i needed a new vanbelt and took out the aircon and a pulley that the van belt connected onto as that was the only way the mechanic said he could do it.....

long story short the light has never went off i spent £400 on it already getting things done and now this anti pollutin fault light came up today the car was driving very slowly
what does this mean?
do you know how i could fix this or whats broke??

havent even had it 6 months :(

peugeot 307 tdi 2003 - ABS FAULT - AND -ANTI POLLUTION FAULT - Gibbo_Wirral

The most common reason for an ABS fault is dirt and rust building up behind the mounting point of the rear ABS sensors. It pushes them away from the hub, they need to be about 1mm away.

Search on Peugeotforums.com, there are plenty of guides. It just needs a long hex key to remove the sensor and a file and / or wire brush and takes just half an hour.

If your sensors and their gaps are OK then next thing to check is the ABS unit. Its mounted in the front nearside wing, behind wheel arch liner. If the liner is missing or cracked then the unit can get exposed to dirt and crud.

And on two occasions I've found an ABS fault to be down to a dirty fuse in the engine fuse bay.

If this has only happened since you had work done, you need to double check the work, see if they've not reconnected something. Failing that, a BSI reset resets the system and costs nothing (google Peugeot BSI reset).

The "Anti-pollution fault" is a generic error message and can mean literally dozens of things. If yours has gone into limp mode then I'm guessing its a 110bhp model (the 90 doesn't go into limp mode), so you can factor in DPF issues into that too.

You need to get it on a decent diagnostic scanner (I recommend Peugeot Planet) for accurate results. Google "Peugeot Planet owners" to find a fellow Pug owner near to you who has the diagnostic gear and will be cheaper than a garage.

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 24/11/2014 at 13:41

peugeot 307 tdi 2003 - ABS FAULT - AND -ANTI POLLUTION FAULT - ScoBro

Anti pollution fault, most common cause of this is the MAF sensor. Over time the internals rust away and it then goes into limp.

Buy a genuine or second hand genuine bosch one. Copied parts don't work on these as I have found.

Depending on where you are, I have Peugeot planet and can read it for you.

Thanks

Scott