Saab 9-3 Convertible - Saab 9-3 starts when left to stand - Loislane
My saab starts every morning going to work and every night when I go home. When I stop on way home to pick kids up etc sometimes it won't start. If I leave it for 10 minutes it starts. I've had battery checked and it read as good as new one.
It wouldn't start last night so my brother gave me a jump start. It wouldn't start until he revved engine for a good few minutes.
There are no warning lights on at all.

Thanks for any advice I need it! I love my car and I never have much luck!
Saab 9-3 Convertible - Saab 9-3 starts when left to stand - Railroad.
More information please. Petrol or diesel? Does the engine crank it not? Do all the lights on the dash work? If you want help we need to know these things.
More information please. Petrol or diesel? Does the engine crank it not? Do all the lights on the dash work? If you want help we need to know these things.

Thanks for trying to help, I need it!

Petrol
All lights are on when trying to start it. No warning lights.
I don't know what "does the engine crank it not?" Mean?
It makes a noise as if it's going to start and the last bit to fire the engine it just doesn't.

Today started no problem left for 5 hours started again. But I know if I stopped at shops on way home it wouldn't start.

I think once engines warm it doesn't start. I know it eats oil but the levels are fine.

Hope this helps (I am a woman! Sorry if not explaining properly).
Saab 9-3 Convertible - Saab 9-3 starts when left to stand - craig-pd130

It sounds like the engine's coolant temperature sensor could be faulty. Does the car have an engine temperature gauge on the dashboard, and if so, does it work?

Saab 9-3 Convertible - Saab 9-3 starts when left to stand - elekie&a/c doctor
How old is this car? Does it have a metal blade key or a plastic type?
How old is this car? Does it have a metal blade key or a plastic type?

Metal key sticking out with plastic buttons for lock/unlock/boot open It's a 02 reg (old) automatic I do love it! Apart from eating petrol and oil it ran fine until few months ago. Now after starting then driving 20miles I stop to pick kids up or go to shop etc it won't start! It's happening more often. I feel it's do to with key or engine hot. It's just that last little bit to fire engine it just won't until I play candy crush and wait then it will start. But last couple of times it has done it I have needed a jump by revving engine it starts... :-(
I look at the dials and none spike up. But will have a look and keep a special eye on them. I just want it fixed but like forums say it's a process of elimination just want a good start and a good idea of common faults. Read on another it could be crank sensor thingy but obviously not a mechanic. He thought battery was weak but when checked it was fine :-(
Saab 9-3 Convertible - Saab 9-3 starts when left to stand - elekie&a/c doctor

When the car doesn't start,are some of the dash and warning lights not working or lights dim?

Lights are all on and bright...
Saab 9-3 Convertible - Saab 9-3 starts when left to stand - Cyd

Sounds like the crank sensor - I've just had to replace mine:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/posts/?t=107355

That's what I read. Will pass message on the mechanic when he takes a look. Sigh (doesn't sound so bad, I hope I mean not expensive).
Just thought I'd mention...
Last Friday on way home the rear brake warning light came on then when pressed break rear lights came on and interior Light, the lights came on as if switched on but weren't on etc etc . I always thought it was two faults so the garage found the loose wire in the boot and the problem went away £50 I was over the moon! I thought it was all fixed until I went to the shop on way home then wouldn't start again after I've stopped.
Saab 9-3 Convertible - Saab 9-3 starts when left to stand - bathtub tom

I wonder if it's flooding due to not running hot enough?

What does your temperature gauge say and how long does it take to reach mid point?

Oer that sounds technical. I'll look into that on Monday when I use car next. I'm too frightened to use it! X